Any tips for Change Relic?

#1BlamatPosted 5/2/2008 5:57:25 PM
He is kicking my ass right now. The only thing I can think of is to use that Gurr Persona that has the Wind Resistance, but it has no heal spells so that kind of sucks. I guess they changed Omoikane from the original to not have wind resistance? too bad

Then again the Gurr will have Posumudi. That heals poison... right? Sounds like it would...
---
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
#2EnigmaGamerPosted 5/2/2008 6:02:51 PM
Use a Persona with a healing spell in the fusion to get a healing spell on it.
---
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Digital Devil Saga, Mana Khemia, Persona 3: FES
#3Gamemaster64Posted 5/2/2008 6:04:05 PM
I used Alp, Orpheus, and Apsara
---
I think I might be the most sigged person in the FFXSB right now... -noneofyourbusiness
#4DarkEvaPosted 5/2/2008 6:40:57 PM
I beat him using Alp only. You just need to use a persona strong against wind or better.

Stock up on medicine, revival beads, and dis-poisons. Get at least five medicine powders for emergencies.

Set Yukari to heal and support.

Assign Akihiko and Junpei to Change Relic.

Your role is provide support while they do damage. Your healing priorities are MC, Yukari(but generally she doesn't need it), and Akihiko.. and at the very far end, Junpei. Only ressurect Junpei if all your other characters are in good shape. Likewise for Akihiko, only if you and Yukari are relatively safe. If you have absolutely nothing to heal then check your SP. It may be best to recharge your SP even when you don't necessarily need it right then and there depending on Change Relic's remaining health. If even thats taken care of then, I guess you can attack.

Well, thats what I did *shrug* GL.
#5zeik56Posted 5/2/2008 6:48:15 PM
Junpei is probably better off left out of the party. His wind resistance is too much of a detriment, if he's hit by a Garula spell not only is he most likely dead but Change Relic also gets another turn. Even if you're lucky and he isn't hit by a single hit spell he'll certainly be hit by Magarula, so either way he'll spend most of the battle knocked down or near death.
---
Such a sweet smell, Rubedo...
The smell of rage evaporating off your body. Sure you don't suffer from excessive norepinephrine?
#6zeik56Posted 5/2/2008 6:48:35 PM
*Wind weakness...
---
Such a sweet smell, Rubedo...
The smell of rage evaporating off your body. Sure you don't suffer from excessive norepinephrine?
#7Gamemaster64Posted 5/2/2008 6:59:37 PM
He died near the end for me. I could have revived him if I knew Aki was going to critical hit the boss and hit again.
---
I think I might be the most sigged person in the FFXSB right now... -noneofyourbusiness
#8Blamat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2008 7:12:32 PM
Hmm, leaving Junpei out never occured to me, thats a decent idea.
---
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
#9q3fu1kungPosted 5/2/2008 11:45:54 PM
i was having trouble with change relic too,
until i got a persona that can lower his hit/evasion rate
and i used cadenza to heal and raise my party's hit/evasion rate
yukari was set for heal/support to help out anyone hit with magaru or garula
all the garu attacks that went towards junpei all missed
and when everyone was healthy i attacked with jack frost's sonic punch :P
with a few lucky criticals from junpei, akihiko and me change relic went byebye
#10Blamat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2008 10:24:50 AM
I can't find how to make this Alp Persona. I remember seeing it before though
---