Persona -trinity soul-... canon?

#1SpikeRevellPosted 8/19/2008 3:23:54 AM
I recently found out that there is an anime series that follows the events of Persona 3 called Persona -trinity soul-. I've got a couple of questions about it.

First, is it any good?
Second, will it be coming out in the United States?
Third -- and perhaps most importantly -- what is the official stance on the show's cannonicity? Does it have any great affect on the game's over all storyline?

I'm hoping that it'll come out here sooner or later, I'm eager to see it.

---
"To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity." -Friedrich Nietzsche
#2Modest_ModsoulPosted 8/19/2008 3:37:16 AM
First, is it any good?

Some say it's good. Unfortunately most people say it's boring.

The animation graphic is excellent. But the story pacing is kinda slow, so that's what makes people bored.

Second, will it be coming out in the United States?

*SHRUG*

Third -- and perhaps most importantly -- what is the official stance on the show's cannonicity? Does it have any great affect on the game's over all storyline?

It's canon alright. But I never seen the anime just yet.

It's 10 years after Persona 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_-trinity_soul-
---
'You have been doomed ever since you lost the ability to love.' - Alucard
#3soniccloudPosted 8/19/2008 5:34:08 AM
It's very slow.
I think I'm on episode 10 or so, but it feels like I'm on episode 412.

It's canonical, but I'm not sure how many people return from P3. It's a different set of characters so that was a bit of a shock for me. So far we've only heard Ahikiko's voice and there hasn't been any mention of any other P3 characters.

I'll have to finish the series first to give a verdict of good or not. As for an english dub, dunno. The series recently finished in Japan IRC, so it might take a while before a dub comes out.
---
Gametag:EcksD
SSBB:4382-1703-2199
#4Trigger_WalnutPosted 8/19/2008 6:20:18 AM
Akihiko appears too.
---
Instead of fighting in your dreams, why don't you fight your way back to reality?
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3082/sigriseqj9.png ~nununuoka did it
#5RoninzetaPosted 8/19/2008 7:00:22 AM
Here's what connects it to P3.

Akihiko makes a cameo appearance.

There you go! It's so far off from P3, it's hard to see it as a "sequel." More like, a new story in the same universe. If you can get past the whole new cast of characters and the terrible pacing, then maybe you'll like it.

I didn't.
#6DragoonKain33Posted 8/19/2008 7:07:55 AM
Verdict? Trinity Soul is utter garbage. In the end, I stopped watching it and just read blog summaries of it, because quite frankly, there's very little I missed when the first time I read the blog first and watched the subs later on (because subs was so slow back then).

All that said, Kanaru's 'adventures with shadow pulling' episode (epsiode 10 or 11?) was the best episode I've seen of that particular anime cour, as it's something a lot of people can relate to if one understands what 'shadow pulling' can be a parallel for IRL. Very powerful in terms of message, symbolism, and especially the voice acting in that particular episode.

And for what it's worth, it's technically canon. But considering there seems to be as much P3 stuff in trinity soul as there is in P4, then that really doesn't mean much in the end.
---
Turn 1: Enhance Spells
Turn 2: Overdrive, Water Blast X5
#7LastHunterXIIIPosted 8/19/2008 9:24:52 AM
It's not incredibly bad. It just suffers from bad pacing. However, most people that start watching it expect it to be like Persona 3 and then they end up disappointed. You just have to take it as a completely seperate thing with no relation to Persona 3.
#8dranzeraPosted 8/19/2008 5:31:25 PM
I found it to be a very good anime and I liked it very much, I was never bored with it, just some stuff before the end was a bit confusing is all.
It's only relation to P3 was Akihiko, otherwise they don't mention anyone else from P3, nor is there a dark hour or shadows, basically it's a whole other story and I hear it has a connection to P4 although if that's not so I would be glad to be corrected on that.
---
"Where there is light, there is darkness" Ramirez from SOA
Wii Friend Code: 2440 9465 6313 4170
#9dranzeraPosted 8/19/2008 5:32:38 PM
Oh and about it coming here, I wouldn't know but they do have the subed version of it online so u could always get that.
---
"Where there is light, there is darkness" Ramirez from SOA
Wii Friend Code: 2440 9465 6313 4170
#10AirDragonGalePosted 8/19/2008 5:35:19 PM
Do yourself a favour and pretend it doesn't exist.
---
DDS is Best
Now Playing: DDS 1: Bosses Left 2, FF4(DS)