Floor 36 Boss

#1Darkeagle6Posted 5/17/2009 11:20:13 AM
Well, I only just beat this boss (change relic) yesterday, and it took quite a few tries. I had to beat him to get the old document 02 before the limit for the request. As far as bosses have been since the begining of the game, this is the first one I had a very hard time against. Part of the trouble might have been that my Main Character was in Tired status (does that make him take more damage?), but I had to go and fuse a persona resistant to wind (can't believe it didn't cross my mind before) and was very lucky in the actual battle; in my previous attempts, I spent ridiculous amounts of time with the entire team on heal/support to avoid dying, and still died.

Can I expect boss battles to be this difficult (or more) starting from now on (ie second full moon in 3 days)? Has my tired status made the battle unnecessarily difficult? (It was my last chance at accomplishing the request, and I'm being a bit obsessive about those) Is there anything I might be doing wrong? (I know I'm not being very specific, I'm mainly asking about stuff people tend to do wrong on their first playthrough)

Thanks!
---
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all of its pupils. - Hector Berlioz
#2mynamealonePosted 5/17/2009 11:25:14 AM
Part of the trouble might have been that my Main Character was in Tired status (does that make him take more damage?)
This is a bad idea unless you are searching for extra challenges, like me.

Can I expect boss battles to be this difficult (or more) starting from now on (ie second full moon in 3 days)?
Full moon bosses are easier than Tartarus Guardian. And well not really harder but you might get a better challenge with Sleeping Table.

(I know I'm not being very specific, I'm mainly asking about stuff people tend to do wrong on their first playthrough)
Just as Ovan Said: That's why I'm Here. Meaning dont worry about it. Most people here are helpful, but most of the time we are joking around.
---
Devil: Temptation and lust may be seen as negative qualities, but they can lead to great things.
MK2 boards current : SUCKS
#3Lord FaustPosted 5/17/2009 12:07:29 PM
Most aren't nearly as hard as Change Relic, but there are a few really tough ones.
---
"You who fight against fate... why do you choose to walk the path of thorns...?"
#4BananamaticPosted 5/17/2009 12:27:14 PM
Change Relic is actually rather fair.
The Answer has all of the hey-I-dodge-all-you-throw-at-me fun.
#5optimusprime806Posted 5/17/2009 5:45:44 PM
Yeah, I fought this dude today and was like "uh oh"
#6xhominidPosted 5/18/2009 8:36:54 PM
Hard mode on the other hand.....>_> prepare for hurting.
---
Sephiroth- Samuel L Jackson:
Cloud: What....am.. I? Sephiroth: A PUPPET *********. Temporary Sig
#7SirEntropyPosted 5/19/2009 12:36:23 PM
Change Relic really isn't that bad on Hard mode. The best thing to keep in mind is that for each of the Tartarus bosses, there's usually a specific Persona built for the situation. With Change Relic, it's Nigi Mitama (Wind resistant, Posumudi, learns Media fairly early). As long as you can focus on building persona to adjust to each boss's attack patterns and tendencies, you'll be fine.
---
ethan3210: I have a ton of RPG's, but what's so special about this one?
Strain42: The blank faced standard anime-esque RPG protagonist wears a hat.
#8TSNAKE617Posted 5/19/2009 4:24:38 PM

I remember asking for help with him, it was the first time that I was about five levels lower than I should have been.

#9xhominidPosted 5/19/2009 5:40:24 PM
I didn't have even remotely part of Nigi Matama Link around, so I decided on the next best thing:

Alp

How infuriating is that?
---
Sephiroth- Samuel L Jackson:
Cloud: What....am.. I? Sephiroth: A PUPPET *********. Temporary Sig
#10Magic_warlock90Posted 5/19/2009 9:51:19 PM
I had Alp with Posumudi too.
---
Oh, Manbush, you are Nature's greatest wondeeeeeeeerrrrr!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyEqQN9B3mg&feature=related