Academics Maxing?

#1DemonhunterMojinPosted 4/29/2010 7:56:21 AM
Is it suppose to take so long to max Academics? I mean I've had some big set backs in the beginning with studying because of getting tired in Tartarus or getting tired because of studying. (Once happened like 3 times in a row.) But it is 7/24 now and I'm still at level 3. The others I maxed out usually a week or more ahead of the S. Link Maxing schedule but I'm worried about this.

Is there away way I can make more time to raise academics or something? Or any free ways like with courage?
---
PSN: GentlemanOfWar
Interskies OT: Mahou Shoujo Destiny Coming 21XX Believe it!!
#2Lord FaustPosted 4/29/2010 9:16:41 AM
It takes three times as many points to max Academics than it does Courage and Charm.

Be sure to do the Quiz Game at the arcade when it's available, and of course, study every night unless you're tired/sick.
---
We have made the present obsolete.
#3tarenwandererPosted 4/29/2010 9:40:48 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/937269/52999

Scroll down just a bit until you get to the Attributes part of the Basic Gameplay section. It gives you the rundown of Academics, Charm, and Courage.
---
When angry count four; when very angry, swear. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ The Lament of the Lost and Forgotten
#4VoltglossPosted 4/29/2010 10:17:16 AM
You will get some free automatic Academics boosts during summer school (8/10 to 8/15 - it's automatic, so you can't miss it). Also, after summer keep an eye on Elizabeth's requests. One of them, for a "Sengoku-era helm," involves talking with various teachers in the Faculty Office after school for about a week. None of those meetings "use up" your afternoon - and all of them give Academics points.
#5Kamatari47Posted 4/29/2010 12:55:35 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/937269/52999

Scroll down just a bit until you get to the Attributes part of the Basic Gameplay section. It gives you the rundown of Academics, Charm, and Courage.

Note that there are a few small errors in that part of the guide. The "Smooth" rank for Charm is from 45-59 points (not 45-64), and the "Popular" rank is from 60-79 points (not 65-79). Likewise, the "Tough" rank for Courage is from 45-59 points (not 45-64), and the "Fearless" rank is from 60-79 points (not 65-79). Also, you get +5 points to Academics whenever you use the Offertory Box at Naganaki Shrine while in "Great" condition (and not +4 to Academics as listed in the guide). I kept a running tally of my attribute points while playing through the game, so these inconsistencies were easy to find.

---
The magic words are squeamish ossifrage.
#6tarenwandererPosted 4/29/2010 4:18:13 PM
Fair enough, but it IS a good "general idea" for people wondering why their academics hasn't increased in like a month.
---
#7DemonhunterMojin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2010 3:53:21 AM
I think it was more because of those vacations and exams and such. Once I was able to study again it straightened out. 8/18 I reached level 5. I should have plenty of time now. However, after that I got figure out what to do on nights I don't feel like grinding tartarus. I've already been leveling the devil and tower links at night.
---
PSN: GentlemanOfWar
Interskies OT: Mahou Shoujo Destiny Coming 21XX Believe it!!
#8tarenwandererPosted 4/30/2010 9:35:36 AM
I completely ran out of stuff to do on nights right after getting Odin, so I just started pumping his stats with the arcade.

Damned it THAT didn't turn out awesome. One-shotting things that aren't even weak to lightning with Maziodyne is good bidness.
---