[Igor's Index] - A comprehensive Persona program

#1TraxDaGamerPosted 5/26/2010 3:43:33 PM
Hey all,
Many of you are already aware, but for those that are not; I have made a Persona fusion calculator, with a number of other useful tools.
It is called Igor's Index, and you may find the project page (including free download) at:

http://tiredtracks.is-a-geek.com:8080/_Projects/Igor/

At the time of this writing, version 1.4.00 is currently released. This version lets you:
- View any Persona's critical data(Including pictures and skill details).
- Perform Normal and Triangle Spread fusions.
- View any special fusions, those that require specific persona.
- A handy search function, letting you quickly find Persona to fit your current needs.

Every PS2 Persona game is represented!

The previous (and original) topic can be found at: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937269-shin-megami-tensei-persona-3-fes/53718154 , but was closed a while ago.

So, I hope people continue to find this application useful! Feedback is welcome, and I take suggestions / bugs very seriously.
#2The_LourdePosted 5/26/2010 9:52:38 PM
Haven't used it extensively, but I did download it last night. Seems useful, beats the hell out of breaking out three FAQs, two charts, and a slide rule. <_<

---
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"
#3MogOfWarPosted 5/26/2010 10:16:17 PM
downloading now. give you my feedback in a few.
---
It is my personal mission to social link with everyone. Help me out here!
...And no one ate dinner that night
#4MogOfWarPosted 5/26/2010 10:20:45 PM
I'm gonna say this right now. I ****ing love the search feature.
---
It is my personal mission to social link with everyone. Help me out here!
...And no one ate dinner that night
#5MogOfWarPosted 5/26/2010 10:27:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6TraxDaGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2010 11:28:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback Mog, but I am a bit confused, or maybe you are? I thought you'd downloaded this version back when it came out about 2 months ago! Nothing has changed since then but my website. I just figured it was time to make a new topic.

Yes, the program is more or less complete. I do have some random things I intend to add, and a few bugs apparently still lingering. I've recently gotten around to laying out the next additions, and have been taking time to clean up my code some, maybe giving it a super tiny speed boost in the process.

Future updates will primarily be data completion/correction, and a few new but minor tools, the program is, as far as I am concerned, perfectly viable for it's core purpose now.

Lourde Incarnadine, that is pretty much why I made this. Too many sources of information, too many places to mess it up when mapping out by hand. I based my data sets on the available FAQs and have been playing each game, manually confirming and correcting data as I go. I hope you do find it useful!
---
Igor's Index A comprehensive Persona program:
#7The_LourdePosted 5/27/2010 12:05:59 AM
Oh, it will. I have to agree, about the only possible improvement at this point would be cross-referencing inheritance types so that you could figure out how to get the skills you want on the Personas you want to have them.

I may get back into this game, now. I've played a couple of months in but SMT and Persona are kind of intimidating to the layman... <_< This tool will make things a bit less OMFG scary.

---
#8TraxDaGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2010 9:37:26 AM
I'm not sure I really follow what you and Mog are suggesting. A tool to show how to get a skill onto a particular Persona?
The only prereqs for it is that the Persona has an inherit type that allows it, and that one of the materials has that skill. I'm not trying to dismiss the idea, I'm just not sure how it'd work.
The reason being, most Persona can have most skills, sans those that conflict with their type.

You can use the " ****ing love"d Search tool to find Persona that learn/have the desired skill by default, and use the desired Persona's fusion list tool to find fusion methods including the material persona you want to use. Anyway, I will put it on my list of possibles.
---
Igor's Index A comprehensive Persona program:
#9The_LourdePosted 5/27/2010 12:20:39 PM
Yeah, somehow the idea made more sense at 4am. I think the process is, on the whole, less complicated than I'm letting it be.

---
#10KlamKLPosted 5/27/2010 9:53:20 PM
I've never posted on this board before but I just wanted to know that this is pretty nifty app you've made here. Wish I found out about it before is got up to the last month of the game. There are some bugs I'd like to bring to your attention. I'm running it on OSX and the internal frames are too small. Text/Images located near the bottom and right edge are cutoff. There doesn't seem to be any way to resize these frames. It doesn't kill usability but it makes it very hard to read off the skills on the bottom row. One more thing, in the search frame, the labels for the 4 radio buttons show up as ".." As such, I have no idea what they are supposed to do (although they clearly affect the search results). There are other minor things like text fields being unaligned to their backgrounds but I suspect all these bugs are related. Otherwise, this thing is great.
---
C2D E6600, eVGA GeForce 8800GTX, eVGA nForce 680i, 2GB G.Skill PC2 6400 HZ, Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer