map and enemy weaknesses

#1westfall90Posted 6/7/2012 10:42:32 AM
is there anyway to bring up a full map when you're in tartarus? or does it only allow the section you're in at the time.

also, once mitsuru has found an enemy weakness, does the data stay for the rest of the game for that enemy, and is there anyway to look at the enemies weakness each time you go into battle? or do I just have to remember.
#2Duke DarkwoodPosted 6/7/2012 11:10:17 AM
I don't remember which button, but there IS a way to toggle the minimap to a fullscreen overlay. (I want to say "Select"?)

Once an enemy is analyzed, it STAYS analyzed. All enemies of that type will be ready to view, forever. To view it ahain, do the same as for analyzing - if it's been analyzed before, it goes straight to the stats.

(EXCEPTION: In a couple cases, a boss can summon generic enemies to help. These have the same name and appearance as the kind met in Tartarus, but are not ACTUALLY the same. Also, a couple Tartarus Bosses actually become randoms, farther up. The non-boss versions are distinct from the boss versions.)

That reminds me - it IS worth scanning the Tartarus checkpoint bosses, even if you don't get told weaknesses. If you have it scanned, the party AI will somehow know which elements are blocked/repelled/absorbed, and will avoid them. They will not do so until it has been analyzed.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#3westfall90(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 11:17:36 AM
thank you much
#4itakedrukqsPosted 6/7/2012 11:24:07 AM
There is no fullscreen map.
#5Duke DarkwoodPosted 6/7/2012 2:47:42 PM
Thought there was. Must have confused it with P3P.
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#6KantonosoPosted 6/7/2012 5:12:35 PM
Duke Darkwood posted...
Thought there was. Must have confused it with P3P.

Prety much that. P3P/P4 have one. P3 proper doesn't. AND IT MAKES ME ANGRY.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Currently: pissed at Gamestop Canada for Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend release date slaughtering.