Is it worth Fusing weapons?

#1SeprhirothPosted 9/22/2012 1:09:34 AM
I'm at like 9/16 of my first playthrough and i haven't fused any weapons i was wondering if I'm missing out on anything none of them seem to be very special and are weaker then store bought or the weapons i find :\
#2Mx4_1204Posted 9/22/2012 7:22:42 AM
Only the special ones, I think, unless you happen to have a persona that's not quite so good, but gives an awesome weapon ability, or something.
---
My MHFU Weapon Tree and Ranker --> http://www.mediafire.com/?tlkc9ymqcduas73
^^<--Sarcastrophes. They mark when I use sarcasm, which is a lot of the time
#3ExternicaPosted 9/22/2012 12:19:18 PM
I only fused a weapon for the fight against Lovers.
That thing can charm and Yukari isn't very reliable if she's goping to use Patra to cure the effect.
(Instead, she's more worried about keeping the HP up.)
Or other unaffected party members, when it comes down to use a Patra Gem, even if you do have more than enough.
#4AndvareelPosted 9/22/2012 12:42:12 PM(edited)
First of all, the actual stats on the weapon aren't all that important. They don't affect spells. They don't even affect physical abilities of personas. Additionally, they seem to be somewhat logarithmic (that is, 400 ATK is less than double the damage of 200 ATK).

Weapon fusions have great effects... empress, tower, sun and star all give resistance to an element. These are better than almost anything else you can put there.

All the fool personas have a special fusion (with 1 ATK power, but note above how it doesn't matter much if you're just using persona attacks)- of note, legion gives +100 HP. That's decent even late in the game, and legion is just a level 22 persona. That's huge then.

Most of the special weapon fusions are quite good as well. But again, don't overestunate the power of the super high attack power +10 to all stats weapons. Yeah, they're good. Yeah, +10 to all stats is good... but attack power and basic stats just don't help as much in this game as they do in others, so they aren't necessarily the best weapon.
#5Seprhiroth(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 3:49:39 PM
Ya i didn't rlly know about the anti charm thing by the time i fought the lovers i kept gettiing it rlly low then raging when it would keep spaming charm on mitsuru and yukari and they would cast diarama :\ but i ended up killing it but it took forever. But yea i made a few element evade weapons cause i relized my lightning armlet didnt do what i thought it would for yukari
#6AndvareelPosted 9/22/2012 4:01:28 PM
Don't make evade, make -resist- weapons.
#7KantonosoPosted 9/23/2012 4:42:35 AM(edited)
Just throwing this out there: with the right setup, I made Junpei and the protagonist do more damage with elemental special fusions (Laevateinn, Mjolnir, etc) than with physical skills on most enemies. In particular, I had Junpei using normal attacks on "Full Assault" against the last boss because it outdamaged his best skills for no cost when he had the Agni bracers on. (He also survived attacking during Moonless Gown because of this.)

Greatsword: Laevateinn (Surt, Fire)
Hammer: Mjolnir (Thor, Electricity)
Fists: Sabazios (Cybele, Ice)
Spear: Gae Bolg (Cu Chulainn, Wind)

At any rate, between the weapon's Element Boost effect, and an accessory's element amp effect, these four weapons can REALLY wreck some mayhem if the enemy isn't immune or worse. Considering this, you can combine them with Personas that primarily have immunity skills to make one hell of a tank. For example, I used an Abaddon with all physical nulls or higher, Fire Amp and Elec Amp for awhile in the last block while alternating Laevateinn/ Mjolnir.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Playing Legasista, Persona 4 Arena, Wizardry: LoLS.
P4A Main: Yukiko Amagidyne
#8JoshuaColquhounPosted 9/29/2012 3:36:41 AM
And then at Endgame, you can fuse Personas like Michael to get +10 to all stat weapons if you like. Pretty sexy.
---
The Sword Master, as defined by Zaelen.
Bad alt! You're not supposed to be posting the horrible putdowns I think up. <_< - roymbrog
#9G_PhysalisPosted 10/2/2012 1:12:18 PM
Mjolnir. 'Nuff said.
---
PSN: Mathais_5505
Lyn: "A thousand blessings upon you", Rath: "And a thousand curses upon our enemies!"