Who is the best Protagonist in the Persona series?

#1Hipster_CandyPosted 10/4/2012 8:37:21 AM
Favorite Protagonist? - Results (113 votes)
Naoya Toudou (Persona 1)
1.77% (2 votes)
Tatsuya Suou (Persona 2 Innocent Sin)
9.73% (11 votes)
Maya Amano (Persona 2 Eternal Punishment)
5.31% (6 votes)
Minato Arisato (Persona 3)
44.25% (50 votes)
Minako Arisato (Persona 3 Portable)
9.73% (11 votes)
Protaganist from Persona 3 "The Answer" (Trying to avoid Spoilers here)
0% (0 votes)
Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
29.2% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
as much as i wanna say Minato i have to go with Tatsuya he is BADASS!!
---
"The Arcana Is The Means By Which All Is Revealed"
#27wolverPosted 10/4/2012 1:18:52 PM
I would say Yu just because he gets to date Chie (lucky duck ;'/) and because in P4, the characters have to face their shadows which I think was in the old Persona games, not sure tho because I haven't played them (I really wish I could, but sadly, I sold my PSP before I heard of Persona, unless I can get an emulator) and is very intresting. But in P4, I haven't cried at all, and in P3, a certain someones death made me cry almost as much (and by that I mean not as close) as Okami's ending.
But I choose Minato because he gets to date Fuuka and is the most powerful Persona user/protag ever from what I hear.
---
Adios, a******.- Shinji
Wow! That tastes horrible!- Teddie
#3_Izanagi_Posted 10/4/2012 1:35:07 PM(edited)
Seriously, 7wolver? Chie and Fuuka? The last girl to join in P4 and Aigis are the best girls.

Anyway, I haven't played either Persona 2, so I can't say on those, but from the ones I've played, it has to be Minato.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#47wolverPosted 10/4/2012 1:59:59 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
Seriously, 7wolver? Chie and Fuuka? The last girl to join in P4 and Aigis are the best girls.

Anyway, I haven't played either Persona 2, so I can't say on those, but from the ones I've played, it has to be Minato.

Do you mean Naoto? I haven't gotten that far into P4, not even far enough to where Naoto joins the group, but I know because I looked at her wiki a long while ago and it said she joins.

Also, no offence, but what do you have against Fuuka and Chie other than most people think Fuuka has a headache causing voice (excluding me, because I kind of like her voice oddly). Also, Fuuka's not loved enough sadly. Yukiko is overrated even if Chie has a bigger fanbase because the P4 team tries too hard to get you to like her.

The only reason I can think of to dis-like Chie is because of her god-awful new voice actor. It's like they try to make her be Midori from DeSu 1 and I hate Midori just because of her bad voice actor.
---
I'll be by Fuuka's side forever.
Not changing this sig 'til I beat P3 FES
#5Doti_xDPosted 10/4/2012 2:32:33 PM
I like both Minato's design a little bit more than Yu's, but I vastly prefer Yu's dialogue choices than bland or apathetic Minato.

P1 Protag, as much as I loved that game, does NOTHING.

I haven't played P2:EP, so whatever personality Tatsuya is revealed to have can't influence my judgement, and he was also pretty bland in IS. Maya's out for the same reason, haven't actually experienced her as a protagonist.

So, given my indecision on Minato and Yu, my vote will have to go to a Protagonist whose both design and dialogue options I love, FeMC. Answer protag was also a strong contender, being a more traditional JRPG protagonist instead of a stand-in for the player.

But FeMC gets my vote in the end.

_Izanagi_ posted...

Why not Chie and Fuuka? They're two of the most likeable girls in the series, IMO. Aigis is great too.

And 7wolver, just finish FES already, man. xD
#6_Izanagi_Posted 10/4/2012 3:55:06 PM
Fuuka's voice is annoying after she repeats the same thing a million times. The other girls are cuter than her too. Chie's good, but the other girls are still cuter than her.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#7Hipster_Candy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:11:42 PM
Chie is the best girl from P4 "Aha is this our chance" XD she also reminds me of Ginko
---
#87wolverPosted 10/4/2012 5:29:09 PM
_Izanagi_ posted...
Fuuka's voice is annoying after she repeats the same thing a million times. The other girls are cuter than her too. Chie's good, but the other girls are still cuter than her.

I seriously freakin' hope you're kidding. Don't blame Fuuka for repeating herself, blame the game. Mitsuru is ok, Aigis, well, I can't say she's not cute, but not as much as Fuuka. Yukari is okay, but I can't forgive her since she complains a lot and her winter outfit makes no sense at all. Sorry Hipster.

Rise is annoying as hell, Yukiko is boring, and Naoto looks almost like Minato (not saying thats bad, but I don't know her character much). Chie isn't annoying, boring, and doesn't look like a handsome (no homo) Minato. I'm not saying Chie is perfect, but like what Doti said, Fuuka and Chie are the most enjoyable females in the series (excluding P1+2)
---
#9Hipster_Candy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:50:48 PM
Chie is awesome. Yukiko is cute, Rise is voiced by Laura Baily auto-win for me, and Naoto is just plain cool. and Kanji`s mom is HOT
---
#107wolverPosted 10/4/2012 6:32:48 PM
Hipster_Candy posted...
Chie is awesome. Yukiko is cute, Rise is voiced by Laura Baily auto-win for me, and Naoto is just plain cool. and Kanji`s mom is HOT

The only part where I thought Yukiko and Rise were awesome was at the club in Palownia Mall because they were extremely funny there. I love how Naoto is like "You fools. It's not real alcohol!" How do you know what Kanji's mom looks like? Pics or it didn't happen.
Is Laura Baily the VA for Ginko and thats why Rise is auto-win?

Chie FTW
---