What is the absolute best party build?

#1h1dePosted 7/18/2010 6:46:10 PM
i wanna know anything. unlockable characters or regular one's. what's the best combo? which class should use what? i really want to know so i can finally beat the last boss
#2hauntbotPosted 7/18/2010 6:48:59 PM
i dont tihnk theres one absolute best. everyone has their own style. some people prefer more defensive parties, others more offensive or supportive parties.

most of the weapons are pretty well balanced against each other, so when you bring them into the picture things only get more mixed. i dont think youll have more than a couple of people agreeing to any single setup.

if you want to beat the last boss, just grind more skillpoints.

---
relaxians-YES!
#3JaiimPosted 7/18/2010 6:50:23 PM
There is no "best team". Only peoples' opinions. Make a team you like and roll with it. With enough skill and/or grinding it wont matter even if your team is crap.
#4DV8ingSourcesPosted 7/18/2010 6:50:47 PM
Your going to get a lot of different opinions on that subject.

Some people like brute strength teams, others tactical (with buffs and such), others prefer a more magical stance, and still other might take a balanced approach.

General consensus seems to be that you should have atleast one buffer with oomph (mage or armamentalist) and forgo a priest completely in exchange for a sage.

Overall, you'll want to master ever classes main tree (the 5th skill tree) as those carry from vocation to vocation.
#5PdaimaohPosted 7/18/2010 6:51:49 PM
Can the team do what you want? then that's the best.

I wanted healing, damage dealing, and stealing. Sage, Gladiator, Mage, and Thief.

---
your best friend's drug dealer
#6MwulfPosted 7/18/2010 6:53:14 PM
Tank + Healer + Caster + Whatever you want.

Personally, I go Martial Artist + Mage + Cleric w/ 100 Spear + Bard/Warrior/Martial Artist.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
#7LinkLuigiPosted 7/18/2010 6:56:23 PM
This is what is so great about the game. As hauntbot said, it all classes and weapon skills are so balanced that you don't feel gimped for picking the wrong one. Very few games give you that leeway.
#8MasonSanPosted 7/18/2010 6:59:52 PM
I'm not sure if this is the topic to ask it, but in my mind it sorta relates. Is it possible to max out every Skill Set and Vocation with your characters? That would be great because it would really give you the flexibility to use whatever you want whenever you want.
---
Throw away the impossible~! Kick Reason to the curb~!!
#9ArrawntPosted 7/18/2010 7:00:48 PM
4 Gladiators. One with Gritty Ditty and a Stardust sword (lowers defense on hit), another with Group Force buffs and a Stardust sword. Falcon Swords on the others. Similar agility all around with the buffers having more.

Feel the burn x2 and your buffs on round 1, eat the damage. Turn 2 everyone uses falcon hit for your delicious 1.5 and 2.0 combo multifpliers to a full defense down'd boss. Doesn't work on the few bosses faster then you, well it can but they might kill you in turn 2.
#10JumpWomanPosted 7/18/2010 7:02:12 PM
The best team for the way I like to play is:

Minstrel (considering changing to something similar after 40)

Martial artist (LOOOOOOOOOVE HIM!)

Priest (she kicks butt--, or rather saves my character's butts :P)

Mage (all around damage dealer...not able to take a hit which is a big part of why I need my healer around)