Is Terrible Tattoo worth it?

#1NogahamPosted 9/26/2010 5:07:04 AM
It seems to give some nice resistance bonuses but is it worth the curse?
#2RexalisPosted 9/26/2010 5:13:26 AM
I'm pretty sure it make you take more damage and have less resistance.
---
MH Tri - Rexalis (EU/ Australian times)
#3Nogaham(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2010 5:16:16 AM
Well, then I read the signs on those resistances wrong. It seemed to good to be true anyways.
#4Lord NecrodainPosted 9/26/2010 5:16:25 AM
You're misreading the effect. Assuming you're looking at the equipment effects sticky, If an item says -# , it means it reduces damage you take of that type or reduces your chance of being afflicted by that status. The Terrible Tattoo has +#, meaning it increases the damage you take and your chance of being hit with status conditions.

In other words, no, don't equip it.
---
- But sir! What if he dredges up old memories of people teasing you because of your girly name?
- Konishi... Salt. Wounds. Stop.
#5The Mystical OnePosted 9/26/2010 5:47:32 AM
They are worth keeping for alchemy purposes though!
---
Bald Ninjas! http://www.baldninja.com
Super Metroid 1:53, 100% Items
#6fawful_XPosted 9/26/2010 5:48:40 AM
Equip cursed items at your own risk, unless it is for the quest where you have to equip a bunch of cursed items.
---
I am a Ragin' Magin!
http://www.performanceboats.com/html/youBoat/data/606/Troll_spray.jpg
#7kitreyesPosted 9/26/2010 7:51:24 AM
You just better keep it and any other terrible tattoos you can find. they'll be very useful for a certain recipe later. (assuming you just got your first...)
#8Sulley3Posted 9/26/2010 8:51:15 AM
You can also upgrade them to an uncursed tattoo using alchemy that is better,and keep your extras for late post-game alchemy recipes.
---
Hard cheese, go back to the start..... If I had a nickel for every time I saw this, I could retire.
#9ThaiUserPosted 9/26/2010 9:08:38 AM
Once you are at the near end game, you would be able to farm the tattoo for recipe (if you want it that early). Otherwise, you can find a mid-high quality grotto to farm it as well. It is not a difficult ingredient to find after all. But no, I deny to equip any cursed item!!