Silver Orb

#1VandoorPosted 10/5/2011 1:18:12 PM
Need help, I have baramos map lvl 2 now... is there any easy way o get silver orbs...

I have a lvl 65 Warrior (me) lvl 51 Sage (with Virtue skills and 100 priest skill specific skills) A Thief lvl 61 (100 Spears (Hero's Spear) and 100 aquicitave or wat ever it is) and a Martial artist lvl 65 (100 Focus, 12 claws)
#2GreskerPosted 10/5/2011 3:56:11 PM(edited)
Unfortunately, this is the only way to get silver orbs, unless you want to fight an even more difficult legacy boss. I would just keep trying to level up on slime hill or in the Bowhole, or a MKS grotto if you have one. I would also recommend levelling two characters up in gladiator and do the falcon blade technique.
---
"I know not what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein
#3Vandoor(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 4:13:56 PM
Gresker posted...
Unfortunately, this is the only way to get silver orbs, unless you want to fight an even more difficult legacy boss. I would just keep trying to level up on slime hill or in the Bowhole, or a MKS grotto if you have one. I would also recommend levelling two characters up in gladiator and do the falcon blade technique.

I have all of them ATLEAST 55 Skill in guts, 2 are 100 in guts, 1 is 94 (getting it up already) and sage is 55
#4GreskerPosted 10/5/2011 6:15:42 PM
I would definitely have three glads and the sage then. Equip all characters with falcon blades(or uber falcon blades, if you are able to upgrade them with alchemy), which you can purchase at the upgraded Stornway weapon shop. Put any agi+ items/accessories on your sage so they will go first. When you fight Baramos, use falcon slash if you have the skill points in sword. If you have gritty ditty(the 40th lvl Minstrel quest scroll), give this to your healer, and have them use it. If you have the Armamentalist 40th lvl quest scroll, give this to your next fastest character and have them cast the appropriate fource spell on everyone. If you don't, it's no big deal. Just use falcon slash with everyone, and heal when necessary. At that rate, Baramos will drop in around 5-6 turns, if not less, at your levels. Rinse. Repeat.
---
"I know not what weapons World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein
#5Black_CrusherPosted 10/6/2011 4:36:46 AM
There's also a quest that rewards you with a silver orb. I don't remember it being terribly difficult, that may help you TC.
---
"You mean that human windmill at third base isn't a professional? ", tigers_in4
#6DragonFistAbysiPosted 10/6/2011 4:36:45 PM
You might want to have the half-inch for a little insurance. On occasion, you might get lucky and receive two.
---
The World is Ended. Farewell, Borders, a friend to every family.
http://arklock.blogspot.com/
#7Mr_PopelPosted 10/7/2011 7:38:03 AM
You can get a single Sliver Orb through a DLC quest. I 'think' the one where you have to beat the normal grotto boss Fowleye in 15 rounds.
#8JohnwaltPosted 10/8/2011 9:14:28 PM
Gresker posted...
I would definitely have three glads and the sage then. Equip all characters with falcon blades(or uber falcon blades, if you are able to upgrade them with alchemy),

You dont have to do this very boring party setup to win. Almost everyone does it, but im doing just fine with a mage/sage, ranger, priest, and paladin.
---
Rosalina, Black Mage, and Masked man for SSB4!
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted him as lord and savior, and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#9FefnirOmega13Posted 10/9/2011 6:27:22 AM
DragonFistAbysi posted...
You might want to have the half-inch for a little insurance. On occasion, you might get lucky and receive two.

Half-Inch only nets you an extra Mini Medal. You're thinking of Thief's Theory, which you get from the Lv40 Thief Quest in Dourbridge.

You dont have to do this very boring party setup to win. Almost everyone does it, but im doing just fine with a mage/sage, ranger, priest, and paladin.

It's not so much it being boring as it is the most effective. Three gladiators and Sage/Priest is common because it's fast, it's got synergy (Uber strong Falcon Blades) and practically guarantees two/three turn kills on lower level legacy bosses and thus the fastest way to grind orbs.

Other setups may be used (I use Glad/Ranger/Paladin/Priest and it's served me well to about 30-40 in each non DLC Legacy Boss) but depending on the combination they may not deal enough damage or take too much damage from the boss' constant onslaught of attacks at later levels to be viable.
---
I love bullet hell games, especially Cave and Touhou.
Patchouli Knowledge for best librarian '10! Pkmn White Code in Quote
#10Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 10/9/2011 8:39:23 AM
Johnwalt, do you have everyone defending champion until the Paladin gets a CDG, and then start fighting with that party? Because otherwise I'd like to know which 99s you've been fighting and how you've been doing it.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!