Help with Cry Wolf quest (097)

#1StefanoMentosPosted 7/11/2010 10:33:22 PM

Well, it says I need to make five scarewolves quail with War Cry before dealing the final blow >_>

I think I'm doing something really wrong because I tried to do it in lots of different ways o.o like doing the cry, waiting a turn and killing it with the same character, or killing it with another character in the same turn, but nothing works ;-;

#2BladenytePosted 7/11/2010 10:37:30 PM
that was a rather confusing quest for me..

but i figured the rules out. your martial artist has to be the one to lay the killing blow on the turn after you successfuly war cry the scarewolf. ( so you get the message where they skip their turn and say something like 'scarewolf is paralized with fear')

you can have another character use warcry if that helps.. but the MA has to finish it off. another class wont work
---
orclord.evony.com
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#3EllisValentinePosted 7/11/2010 10:56:34 PM
Ummm... i had a different way of succeeding...and YES this is a horribly ambigiously explained quest Brusque Lee is a bit of an idiot.

I noticed that i got the tally when you scared him and killed the red wolf BEFORE it is stated that he misses his turn for being scared of you. It says "scare wolf cannot act because he is frozen with fear", if that shows up IT WONT WORK. This being said you need two chars with high-ass speed....one to do the War Cry and one to kill it in one hit before the message shows up.

Yes, theoretically you can use another character to scare him or kill him (the monk has to be involve in one of the two i guess).
#4StefanoMentos(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 11:47:26 PM

Ok, I'll try it again with these tips, thanks a ton guys :D

#5jmarlo2Posted 7/13/2010 10:35:29 AM
Bumping this up because its the only thread that appears when you search "97"

I have two martial artists. One has to do war cry and the other has to kill the scarewolf BEFORE the scarewolf misses its turn due to fright. That is the only way I've been able to trigger the quest count.
#6acero47Posted 7/13/2010 10:37:54 AM
You can get the kill with anyone, it just has to happen before the wolf gets his turn.
#7jmarlo2Posted 7/13/2010 10:39:15 AM
Really? Such an aggravating, ambiguous quest.
#8acero47Posted 7/13/2010 10:52:00 AM
Just get it within one hit of dying, use war cry and set all slower characters to attack. Once you've done a couple you'll get a feel for how many times you can hit them.
#9AhkmedrenPosted 7/13/2010 3:09:36 PM
Bump for helpfulness!

also, where can I find these Scarewolves? o.O
#10CervantesxiPosted 7/13/2010 3:19:12 PM
According to the Battle Record, the earliest location you can find Scarewolves would be around the Bloomingdale region.