How long does it take ground items to respawn?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. How long does it take ground items to respawn?

User Info: Bladenyte

Bladenyte
6 years ago#1
im mostly asking about stuff like platnium ore, royal soil.. etc

i need a LOT of royal soil, but the only place i know of to get them is just north of the port town on the abbey island. and theres only 2 'spawns' of the soil there. and i was playing for like 6 hours yesterday (yea, no life) and it didnt respawn at all
orclord.evony.com
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2

User Info: Lord ZhouYu

Lord ZhouYu
6 years ago#2
That stuff seems to respawn anytime I turn the game off and back on.
Sylph: JamesrugliaxAidrianna, PSNID: Jamesruglia
Polite, reserved, calm-minded, healing, traveling companions. IsaacxMia<3

User Info: Bladenyte

Bladenyte
6 years ago#3
hm, i'll have to try that.
orclord.evony.com
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2

User Info: OpeeFomenom

OpeeFomenom
6 years ago#4
XD I was wondering the exact same thing and I am at the exact same area you are. I was to upgrade my Iron armor and weapons to Steel but I need a buttload of ore and royal soil. I'm going to see if they reappear every time you restart the game... I don't believe that to be likely though.

User Info: Taption

Taption
6 years ago#5
so does it respawn i would check my self but im at work :/

OpeeFomenom
6 years ago#6
The Soil didn't respawn. Checking the ore... Nope. They didn't respawn. So items don't respawn when you turn off your game.

User Info: bluemax

bluemax
6 years ago#7
Yeah I need more of that darn Lava Rock that is NW of Alltrade's Abbey. That is by far the slowest respawning item.
Yukio Futatsugi: I didn't join the game industry to develop those kinds of games. I'm here to make real games - on Brain Age

User Info: Ultratech87

Ultratech87
6 years ago#8
I imagine it's based off some sort of timeframe based on what I read on some JP wikis. I know some won't reset for 6 hours, others could take a day.
"Today is the day...the day we bring the end."
wiki.rpgclassics.com - Come check out the Wiki!

OpeeFomenom
6 years ago#9
Would you know if the timeframe can be manipulated by moving the clock in your DS ahead in time?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. How long does it take ground items to respawn?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived