How long does it take ground items to respawn?

#1BladenytePosted 7/13/2010 8:38:55 PM
im mostly asking about stuff like platnium ore, royal soil.. etc

i need a LOT of royal soil, but the only place i know of to get them is just north of the port town on the abbey island. and theres only 2 'spawns' of the soil there. and i was playing for like 6 hours yesterday (yea, no life) and it didnt respawn at all
---
orclord.evony.com
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#2Lord ZhouYuPosted 7/13/2010 8:41:50 PM
That stuff seems to respawn anytime I turn the game off and back on.
---
Sylph: JamesrugliaxAidrianna, PSNID: Jamesruglia
Polite, reserved, calm-minded, healing, traveling companions. IsaacxMia<3
#3Bladenyte(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2010 8:43:10 PM
hm, i'll have to try that.
---
orclord.evony.com
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#4OpeeFomenomPosted 7/13/2010 8:44:03 PM
XD I was wondering the exact same thing and I am at the exact same area you are. I was to upgrade my Iron armor and weapons to Steel but I need a buttload of ore and royal soil. I'm going to see if they reappear every time you restart the game... I don't believe that to be likely though.
#5TaptionPosted 7/13/2010 8:44:55 PM
so does it respawn i would check my self but im at work :/
#6OpeeFomenomPosted 7/13/2010 8:49:04 PM
The Soil didn't respawn. Checking the ore... Nope. They didn't respawn. So items don't respawn when you turn off your game.
#7bluemaxPosted 7/13/2010 9:04:53 PM
Yeah I need more of that darn Lava Rock that is NW of Alltrade's Abbey. That is by far the slowest respawning item.
---
Yukio Futatsugi: I didn't join the game industry to develop those kinds of games. I'm here to make real games - on Brain Age
#8Ultratech87Posted 7/13/2010 9:07:25 PM
I imagine it's based off some sort of timeframe based on what I read on some JP wikis. I know some won't reset for 6 hours, others could take a day.
---
"Today is the day...the day we bring the end."
wiki.rpgclassics.com - Come check out the Wiki!
#9OpeeFomenomPosted 7/13/2010 9:09:25 PM
Would you know if the timeframe can be manipulated by moving the clock in your DS ahead in time?