Thief's that CAN Steal?

#1WoWKalidorPosted 7/15/2010 4:33:18 AM
When does a Thief learn how to steal?
Mine is ~lvl16 and steal is something i expected from the first couple levels honestly.
---
"What is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft
#2BladenytePosted 7/15/2010 4:34:57 AM
its not a learned skill, its a skillpoint skill in their vocational list. its name is stupidly enough "Half-Inch"

be warned, it has a low success rate. so it might help to let at least 2+ people to level thief long enough to learn it
---
orclord.evony.com
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#3g_digitalPosted 7/15/2010 4:35:11 AM

Allocate points to learn half-inch. I dont know why its called that, but that is steal.

#4TemprusPosted 7/15/2010 4:44:53 AM
It's called that because of the British influence in dialogue and world.
---
"Yipeee!" --Mistral "Get serious, Mistral!" --Sanjuro
#5seancoombesPosted 7/15/2010 4:53:33 AM
Yep, half-inch is cockney rhyming slang for pinch. Which we Brits use as a term for stealing.
I didn't even thibk about how awkward that'd be for other countries until now
---
Hows that post for a slice of fried gold?
Heartgold FC: 511358020693
#6WoWKalidor(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2010 5:07:35 AM
Wow... some of the dialog and names in this game are quite trippy.
Thanks for the info though.
---
"What is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die." - H.P. Lovecraft
#7VeiledGenesisPosted 7/15/2010 5:11:33 AM
I will never understand the thinking behind cockney slang. I just don't get it at all.
---
I have a PhD in Horribleness.
#8skytravelerPosted 7/15/2010 5:12:08 AM
I have to imagine that the localization team chose to take that route as that sort of thing would be even more cryptic to someone in Japan. Reminds me of the skill "Sarcastic *******" in DQ8 where you can't even type it.
---
"X Y is X" topics and posts should become ToU violations.
#9SogalePosted 7/15/2010 5:14:34 AM
Steal does have a low success rate, but don't worry too much about it. You know after you've decimated the majority of enemies and you have a final turn to kill the last one? Just have your thief steal every time that happens - because they're FAAAST, you'll usually steal before your warrior or MA or glad or whatevers delivers the final blow.
#10darkshadowspawnPosted 7/15/2010 6:45:51 AM
I didn't even thibk about how awkward that'd be for other countries until now

All depends on how much British stuff you've been exposed to...as I've seen plenty of Britcoms (Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Grace and Favour, etc.), it's not that tough for me to figure out what's what...but other people seem to be completely confused.
---
I love girls with leprosy...that way I can take some home with me.