Metal Slimes in Angel Falls

#1AkasirusPosted 7/15/2010 5:43:53 PM
I keep hearing people say to go kill the Metal Slimes in angel falls, and the guide also mentions it.

It says metal slimes are found in 'Angel Falls (highground)'. There is a high area I think they are talking about, but how do you get there?

It also says they are on Pluvi Isle. Does anyone know where that is?

Thanks!
#2Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 7/15/2010 5:45:11 PM
If it's a high area, I'd expect you'd need to be able to fly, as per almost every other Dragon Quest game. (I just finished the Alltrades Abbey, so I don't know.)
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#3hexeosPosted 7/15/2010 5:46:54 PM
It's part of the Post-game stuff. Enough said.
#4FoofyheadPosted 7/15/2010 6:04:07 PM
Get used to seeing a lot of 'highground' areas only accessible post-game.
---
You must touch the Sage inside of me!
#5DragonQuestFanPosted 7/15/2010 6:09:08 PM
Sounds like a great deal of this game IS post-game. Wonder why? Seems like you could just incorporate all that into the main game.

I struggle with motivation for post-game content, even in Dragon Quest. There's just no... point in going on. Kinda like the entirety of the MMORPG genre, IMO.

Now I DID do the DQ4 post-content, but it actually altered the game's ending quite a bit, so that was the carrot I needed. Super-levelling my characters for no clear objective other than to level them isn't rewarding, IMO.
---
NO FANBOY ZONE
Most Wanted 2010: Dragon Quest VI-Valkyria Chronicles 2-Fable III-TDU2-Batman AA2-Atelier Rorona-AR Tonelico III-Blazing Souls Accelate-CoD7:BO
#6AcestaroxPosted 7/15/2010 6:10:57 PM
Uh not sure what people are saying, I went into that cave north east of angel falls, no monsters are even there. Not sure what metal slime appears there.
#7Jati_no_ReiPosted 7/15/2010 6:14:48 PM
the earliest metal slimes are in a place called the Quarentomb.

as for the point of the post game, it is to explore and defeat the Legacy Bosses. Unlike 99.9% of games with post game content, this game actually provides continuous challenges, as the Legacy Bosses can level up many times, to the point where they are a challenge for a party of all level 99 characters... I don't know about you, but that challenge sound like enough reason for me to keep playing.

So many games have post-game content which is truly pointless, because there is nothing to use all the cool gear/abilities you get from the post-game content on. Not DQIX!
---
Romancing SaGa Quests Completed / playing:
Jamil, Aisha, Albert, Claudia.............../ Barbara
#8DragonQuestFanPosted 7/15/2010 6:29:49 PM
^ Aren't the legacy bosses...

SPOILERS

... bosses from previous DQ games? That alone makes it highly tempting... plus with all the outfits from DQ characters... that's awesome fan service, lol!
---
NO FANBOY ZONE
Most Wanted 2010: Dragon Quest VI-Valkyria Chronicles 2-Fable III-TDU2-Batman AA2-Atelier Rorona-AR Tonelico III-Blazing Souls Accelate-CoD7:BO
#9TiaelPosted 7/15/2010 7:02:19 PM
Yes

Spoilers for the legacy bosses:

Dragonlord, Malroth, Baramos, Zoma, Psaro, Estark, Nimzo, Murdaw, Mortamor, Nokturnus (Dark Dream), Orgodemir, Dhoulmagus, and Rhapthorne

---
Waiting for: Final Fantasy XIV, Dragon Quest IX
Playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Warrior VII
#10FoofyheadPosted 7/15/2010 9:58:19 PM
here's to seeing Nokturnus in VI.
---
You must touch the Sage inside of me!