Liquid Metal Slime

#1YenPosted 7/17/2010 8:23:13 PM
Where do you find it? I've encountered one in ~60 battles in The Bowhole, but haven't seen any on the map. Is there anywhere with a better encounter rate?
---
in ur rom haxing ur bytez
#2Cecil RagnarokPosted 7/17/2010 8:26:30 PM
if you come up the stairs from the "boss lair" floor of the map, where you actually get the bowl, and go directly northeast into the corner, you can watch enemies spawn behind the stairs and walk off the side of screen, just hit the first metal babble that comes up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miqYHdl79eQ is a youtube
---
RaptorLC: So instead you made a sucky suicide that you're lucky was deleted quickly, so only a few LUEsers are actively mocking you for how bad it was.
#3DragonQIXFanPosted 7/17/2010 8:37:40 PM
Hmm, I'm having good luck finding them right now in bowhole. Its the only place I've encountered them so far.

If they spawn, its almost always in the same spot, right before the corridor into the room with the blue chest in B3. Spent 20 minutes solo hunting with luminary to raise her to the level of the rest of the party. Found at least 8, 2 ran away before i could kill them (Have a Ball minstrel ability is a 5 hitter with what seems to be good accuracy).
#4DemonZangetsuPosted 7/17/2010 8:48:42 PM

DragonQIXFan posted...
Hmm, I'm having good luck finding them right now in bowhole. Its the only place I've encountered them so far.

If they spawn, its almost always in the same spot, right before the corridor into the room with the blue chest in B3. Spent 20 minutes solo hunting with luminary to raise her to the level of the rest of the party. Found at least 8, 2 ran away before i could kill them (Have a Ball minstrel ability is a 5 hitter with what seems to be good accuracy).

You have a Luminary and you are grinding there? Metal Slimes, Metal Medleys, and Liquid Metal Slimes all spawn often near Angel Falls.

#5RiderFaizPosted 7/17/2010 8:51:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miqYHdl79eQ

Ooooh I like that strategy.
---
My favorite food is FSTEAK.
#6picklecannonPosted 7/17/2010 8:56:42 PM
That strategy seems to be 'nerfed' in the american version. However, you can stand to the right of the stairs in that same spot, and turn the camera with the L bumper. I'm not sure if its confirmed that they removed the spawn right to the south of the stairs like in the video but I've grinded there myself and just found it didn't work. If you're gunna do my strategy don't wait for a metal slime bubble to spawn, just look at the first 2/3 spawns, if theres no bubbles run down the stairs and go back up, rinse and repeat.
#7Cecil RagnarokPosted 7/17/2010 8:58:15 PM
That strategy seems to be 'nerfed' in the american version. However, you can stand to the right of the stairs in that same spot, and turn the camera with the L bumper. I'm not sure if its confirmed that they removed the spawn right to the south of the stairs like in the video but I've grinded there myself and just found it didn't work. If you're gunna do my strategy don't wait for a metal slime bubble to spawn, just look at the first 2/3 spawns, if theres no bubbles run down the stairs and go back up, rinse and repeat.

No it isn't.
---
RaptorLC: So instead you made a sucky suicide that you're lucky was deleted quickly, so only a few LUEsers are actively mocking you for how bad it was.
#8Yen(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2010 9:00:46 PM
Thanks. I found if I stand in the south-east corner of B3, the monsters that spawn will move onto the screen and immediately leave, so I get metals very often.
---
in ur rom haxing ur bytez
#9PdaimaohPosted 7/17/2010 9:01:21 PM
Most spawns I ever had to wait in the US version is 12.

no L bumper, just leave the camera where it's at, go to the corner and look north to the water while the monsters walk on by. Best run I ever got was 3 liquid slime fights in a row and that's happened twice.

two in a row has happened a hell of a lot more than I felt was worth to keep count.

---
your best friend's drug dealer
#10DragonQIXFanPosted 7/17/2010 9:01:27 PM
Actually, now I remember the angel falls area (you need the celestial train) but oddly, i find it easier to solo level in bowhole, go figure cause random battles still give me 4-5k exp on average if i accidentally run into them.