paladin pincoushion quest (Off the record)

#1lightbringer14Posted 7/23/2010 8:04:20 AM
I tried killing those infernal armors with pincushion but it only does 1 damage, so I changed to my armamentalist class (level 52) and then It wouldn't even damage them. I tried weakening them but it is quite difficult.

I need help with this quest how do I do it?

---
pokemon battle revolution- 3867-5271-2580
#2DayTimeFroggerPosted 7/23/2010 8:11:37 AM
Get lucky? Isn't that the weapon that has a chance of one shotting the monster?
---
[Pokemon Diamond] [Name:Aaron]
___*-[ Friend Code: 2106-0102-1998 ]-*___
#3lightbringer14(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 8:13:17 AM
no, pin cushion is a defensive ability that hurts an enemy if it touches you, but all the damage it does is low, how do I raise it?
---
pokemon battle revolution- 3867-5271-2580
#4lawragatajarPosted 7/23/2010 8:17:03 AM
Switch to a low defense class and/or take off your armor. Pincushion does damage based off of how much damage you took. If you don't take much damage, you aren't going to give much back.
---
There are many sides to a person. We are not all who we seem to be.
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 2620 9084 2031
#5ViewtifulGenePosted 7/23/2010 8:21:35 AM
Create a new character just for this quest? If you have a lot of passive bonuses, most enemies can't hurt you regardless of level or equipment. A level 1 character will take more damage.

You can whittle away at the Infernal Armor's HP by using weak moves like a Minstrel's Hot Lick, or just whacking away with your healer's wand. I haven't bothered with this quest yet, but I figure the ideal setup would be a 2 man party- your main character as healer/whittler in back, and one new guy in front.
---
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***. -Gene, God Hand
#6ZoranderPosted 7/23/2010 9:06:43 AM
just put on the lowest defense equip for your paladin. hit them once and they should be down a lot of hit points. I actually did this quest when my paladin was able to one shot them with one hit so I downgraded his sword too. if you can deal 110 damage to them it's perfect. you'll just need to pin-cushion them about 3-5 times to finish them.

---
No one is born with hatred.
Wizard's Rule's - http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard%27s_Rules
#7KarsticlesPosted 7/23/2010 10:09:58 AM
I accomplished this through removing ALL of the armor from my Paladin. I would use Whistle->Pincushion until the enrage wore off, then repeat. It took a while, and I recommend weakening the armors first.

With no armor, I was taking 12 damage and dealing 3 per Pincushion hit. I think Pincushion might just deal 1/4 of the damage received in return, and that is why you are dealing no damage when you have so much armor on.
---
Troll me.