paladin pincoushion quest (Off the record)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. paladin pincoushion quest (Off the record)
6 years ago#1
I tried killing those infernal armors with pincushion but it only does 1 damage, so I changed to my armamentalist class (level 52) and then It wouldn't even damage them. I tried weakening them but it is quite difficult.

I need help with this quest how do I do it?

pokemon battle revolution- 3867-5271-2580
6 years ago#2
Get lucky? Isn't that the weapon that has a chance of one shotting the monster?
[Pokemon Diamond] [Name:Aaron]
___*-[ Friend Code: 2106-0102-1998 ]-*___
6 years ago#3
no, pin cushion is a defensive ability that hurts an enemy if it touches you, but all the damage it does is low, how do I raise it?
pokemon battle revolution- 3867-5271-2580
6 years ago#4
Switch to a low defense class and/or take off your armor. Pincushion does damage based off of how much damage you took. If you don't take much damage, you aren't going to give much back.
There are many sides to a person. We are not all who we seem to be.
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 2620 9084 2031
6 years ago#5
Create a new character just for this quest? If you have a lot of passive bonuses, most enemies can't hurt you regardless of level or equipment. A level 1 character will take more damage.

You can whittle away at the Infernal Armor's HP by using weak moves like a Minstrel's Hot Lick, or just whacking away with your healer's wand. I haven't bothered with this quest yet, but I figure the ideal setup would be a 2 man party- your main character as healer/whittler in back, and one new guy in front.
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***. -Gene, God Hand
6 years ago#6
just put on the lowest defense equip for your paladin. hit them once and they should be down a lot of hit points. I actually did this quest when my paladin was able to one shot them with one hit so I downgraded his sword too. if you can deal 110 damage to them it's perfect. you'll just need to pin-cushion them about 3-5 times to finish them.
No one is born with hatred.
Wizard's Rule's - http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard%27s_Rules
6 years ago#7
I accomplished this through removing ALL of the armor from my Paladin. I would use Whistle->Pincushion until the enrage wore off, then repeat. It took a while, and I recommend weakening the armors first.

With no armor, I was taking 12 damage and dealing 3 per Pincushion hit. I think Pincushion might just deal 1/4 of the damage received in return, and that is why you are dealing no damage when you have so much armor on.
Troll me.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. paladin pincoushion quest (Off the record)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived