agate of evolution help

#1LamuseWelkarPosted 7/27/2010 4:12:36 PM
So I'm gonna need a bunch of these things if I want the best equipment. Does anyone know the best place to find each ingredient? And if I need to alchemize any of the ingredients, what is the best way to get the ingredients for that?
#2PdaimaohPosted 7/27/2010 4:31:49 PM
If you're making the agate, you can't get around the 50,000 gold cost for a Chronocrystal. UGH!

Look at the alchemy list to put these things together:

you need:
Lucida shards...make them
12 Brightenrocks (goodybag normal drop found in bowhole and sometimes around batsureg)
harvest near Gleeba
12 Evencloths (scarecrow enemy near Zere, normal drop)
harvest near Gleeba

Astral Plumes...make them
12 Flurry Feathers (Weakon Beakon purple bird thing in Bad Cave near Bloomingdale)
...also harvest near Bloomingdale
4 Fresh Water harvested north of Slurry Quay by the waterfall or stolen from Teaky Masks in the Batsureg story dungeon
2 Angel Bell sold in lots of item shops.

Sage's Elixir I find in blue chests...you need two so...
2 Magic Water you can buy
2 Royal Soil you can harvest south of Alltrade Abbey
6 Nectar you can harvest somewhere...three spots I think...

That will get you to the Sainted Somas that you need for the Agate

Enchanted Stones...make 2 with:
4 Thunderball stolen from dudes riding clouds
4 Ice Crystals harvested near Swinedimples
2 mystifying mixtures that I find in blue chests...

Perfect Panacea...make 2:
2 Panacea (special medicine + Superior Medicine + Moonwort Bulb)
2 Angel Bell
2 Wakerobin...buy at Bloomingdale item shop near entrance

4 Narspicious you can harvest

This will get you what you need for two Ethereal Stones

---
your best friend's drug dealer
#3cromartie1Posted 7/27/2010 4:33:27 PM
a faster way to get the astral plumes is to do quest 121 a couple of times instead of gathering the materials.
---
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry." Edgar Allan Poe
#4PdaimaohPosted 7/27/2010 4:34:25 PM
That's only faster if you can do quest 121

---
#5PdaimaohPosted 7/27/2010 4:35:34 PM
...and if someone has a list of quest rewards and means, I'm sure there's one that gives out lucida shards which will also save time, but only if you can do the quest...I forget what that guy wants for it but I remember thinking I'd rather just steal the two items...

---
#6cromartie1Posted 7/27/2010 4:35:45 PM
very true but TC never said if he/she was on the post game or not
---
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry." Edgar Allan Poe
#7StrungACPosted 7/27/2010 4:47:07 PM
You won't be able to make the agate without being in post game, need a certain item to get to where the chronocrystal is sold.
---
#8StrungACPosted 7/27/2010 4:48:12 PM
Well, unless you played in wifi and had the other person summon you there. Not sure if the guy will sell to you or not if you aren't in post game yourself.
---
#9Seeker after ChaosPosted 7/27/2010 5:56:15 PM
...and if someone has a list of quest rewards and means, I'm sure there's one that gives out lucida shards which will also save time, but only if you can do the quest...I forget what that guy wants for it but I remember thinking I'd rather just steal the two items...

Lucida Shards are given out, repeatably, by the wizard in the well that wants hexite off Shogum... Quest 60, I think? Or 61. Whichever of those is not King Considerate.

Could easily be faster, if you have poor luck and a short Shogum-ending map.

(or you can farm them out of chests in grottoes, I have gotten about twenty without trying on the way to find various things and stuff)
---
As long as you don't die, STDs are just like little kids... annoying and easy to hide. -Vesperas
{Jolt135} [20:58] how the hell does that work?
#10Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 7/27/2010 6:05:41 PM
Could easily be faster, if you have poor luck and a short Shogum-ending map.

Yay 3 floor Shogum map in front of Slurry Quay.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!