So how do you level up fast?

#1nonexistingheroPosted 8/9/2010 2:14:51 AM
Personally, I do it like this:

First 8-10 levels: Outside of Alltrades Abbey
Then up to around 35: Bowhole B3's Liquid Metal Slime trick
Up to 99: 11th floor of a grotto map I got from a save with only Metal King Slime spawns (though you'll also encounter a few other enemies in battle)

Haven't seen that thing that gives more than KMS yet.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2paul_hubansPosted 8/9/2010 2:17:38 AM
Bowhole "trick"?

Go on...
#3nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2010 2:22:23 AM

Bowhole "trick"?

Go on...

I did not think of this. Someone else on this board figured it out. Simple explanation:

- Go to the stairs that lead to B4
- Stand in upper-right corner
- Turn the camera so you can see the corner of the bridge in your screen
- Wait

Enemies will spawn and walk away, and you should get a LMS Spawn every 1-2 minutes on average. It can take more than 5 minutes, but it can also take less than 30 seconds. You can use vanish to make sure those vultures won't even try to chase you. You can use the trick the moment you can get there in the game.
---
#4rockyminPosted 8/9/2010 2:32:59 AM
Once you have a few high level jobs among your party, you don't need the bowhole "trick" or any of that. I just use grottos for levelling now. I'm currently levelling one of my characters in Luminary while I search for Atlas. I have a Level 84 Armamentalist, Level 63 Sage, and a Level 88 Sage in my party. My Luminary is currently 21 and we are making our way through a level 50 grotto. She justs steadily levels up as we keep going through. There's also Liquid Metal Slimes in this particular grotto, so that helps too.

And when we get to the Boss, I can just use Jack's Knack to switch her back to her level 90 Minstrel for the fight hehe.
---
There is no such thing as a wiimote!!!
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#5BladenytePosted 8/9/2010 2:33:06 AM
1 to 35-40 for me : liquid metals on slime hill
everything else is metal kings
---
orclord.evony.com
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#6KarmaCowPosted 8/9/2010 3:04:16 AM
Sneak into the 11th floor of that grotto and just start killing. One MKS bumps everyone from 1 to 22ish. It's risky if a non MKS monster is in the group but I haven't encountered any problems.
---
But you took that paddle, and smacked me in the face, and I wear my heart on my sleeve, so when I wiped my face, I got heart all over it. - Abe Lincoln*
#7WaxfruitPosted 8/9/2010 8:33:16 AM
Kill things, get EXP. Repeat until sufficient level.
#8ZgylPosted 8/9/2010 8:43:33 AM
I just level from 1 to 99 in Masayuki's map
Have somebody with Jack's Knack to change vocation and that's it.
#9nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2010 8:46:57 AM

Once you have a few high level jobs among your party, you don't need the bowhole "trick" or any of that. I just use grottos for levelling now. I'm currently levelling one of my characters in Luminary while I search for Atlas. I have a Level 84 Armamentalist, Level 63 Sage, and a Level 88 Sage in my party. My Luminary is currently 21 and we are making our way through a level 50 grotto. She justs steadily levels up as we keep going through. There's also Liquid Metal Slimes in this particular grotto, so that helps too.

And when we get to the Boss, I can just use Jack's Knack to switch her back to her level 90 Minstrel for the fight hehe.

Problem is that there's usually a few enemy encounters I can't avoid in the grotto's, and that the MKS comes with very strong enemies about 25% of the time. If I'm low level and encounter them with a slugly betsy I'm as good as dead.
---
#10pr0fetPosted 8/9/2010 9:15:34 AM
I rotate my characters around while MKS farming. I keep all my SCs (secondary characters) as one class till 99, and my MC I swap around level 40 of each class. Just enough for me to max out the Class Skill and unlock all the quests associated. Once I am done with all my MCs classes to 40, I will probably start doing the same thing for everyone else.

I still need to unlock Lumiary, but so far for my MC:
Level 16 Warrior
Level 1 Priest
Level 1 Mage
Level 1 Gladiator
Level 60 Minstrel
Level 43 Sage
Level 40 Thief
Level 50 Ranger
Level 60 Paladin

He is quite beastly even at level 1 with all the stat bonuses from everything. My SCs are all 99 in one class around around 70-80 for their next class.