Fastest way to get Sainted Soma?

#1ViewtifulGenePosted 8/18/2010 7:17:18 AM
What's the quickest way to get all the ingredients for an Agate of Evolution? It must've taken me a good 3 hours to get all the ingredients for my Hypercritical Fan. (I botched the Hoimi table, but I'm not putting in another 3 hours just for 2% more luck. ) It looks pretty discouraging if I need this much time for every single piece of equipment that needs an upgrade.

Right now I get Astral Plumes from quest #121, and steal all of the ingredients for Lucida Shards from Ragged Reapers and Goodie Bags. As for the Ethereal Stones, I don't have any quick methods besides hoping for a grotto chest. Are there any better shortcuts for getting Sainted Soma? It seems like I'm being double-punished for not having the Kawasaki map. Once for not having the MKS gear, and twice for not having farmable chests.

---
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***. -Gene, God Hand
#2headquinceyPosted 8/18/2010 7:23:24 AM
Do you have the Locker map by chance? Otherwise, no. You can get Lucida shards faster tho by doing quest 61 which is repeatable and you only have to kill Shogum over and over. Might be faster.
#3ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2010 7:35:15 AM
Nope, I don't have the Locker. I'm thinking I'll hold off on everything but DLC quests until I can tag somebody that has it. I already beat 99 Zoma, and all the bosses stronger than him are crapshoots anyway.

My shortest Shogum map is 8 floors; I found it was quicker to steal the ingredients than to spam that map.
---
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***. -Gene, God Hand
#4ElyonPosted 8/18/2010 7:38:10 AM
Most all of it can be stolen. For example:

Steal Ice Crystals from Shivery shrubbery.
Steal Thunderballs from Cumulus rex (though if you're doing 121 you should have plenty of these).
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
#5SitheltzonPosted 8/18/2010 7:41:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2010 7:46:19 AM
About how long does it take you guys to get all the ingredients for an Alchemiracle? I see guys that post regularly on Legacy Boss discussions having all Alchemiracle gear, then I see their play times and they aren't playing that much more than me. (I'm 220 hours in and I've only attempted one 5-star item. )
---
#7SlothropV2Posted 8/18/2010 8:28:07 AM
I'm sure they're using the Locker timer and the Hoimi table. That's the only way I can see of getting alchemiracle gear without spending 9,000 hours on it.
#8Xiahou MaoPosted 8/18/2010 8:32:02 AM
I picked up a few high-level grottos that have a lot of good treasure chests, and I can usually pick up Sainted Soma and Ethereal Stones on runs through it. I'd rather power through a Grotto with Vanish up and have the chance of getting good loot/boss drops rather than trying to individually farm the components to make the Agates.
---
Xiahou Mao, True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
#9ViewtifulGene(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2010 8:33:05 AM
That, and the Metal King Slime gear works better than Alchemiracle stuff in a lot of situations. The reason I bring that up is because you don't need a single Agate of Evolution to upgrade that stuff.

Too bad there's no easy way to get that stuff without the Kawasaki map.
---
#10ElyonPosted 8/18/2010 8:36:56 AM
I see guys that post regularly on Legacy Boss discussions having all Alchemiracle gear, then I see their play times and they aren't playing that much more than me. (I'm 220 hours in and I've only attempted one 5-star item. )

I don't use Locker or Hoimi Table (for drops) and I have 2 pieces of Alchemiracle gear and 3 of NQ (or failed-Alchemiracle) gear. After every few Grottos I go out and gather items. I did use the table for one Alchemiracle - Soul Sucker.

For the most part, the Alchemiracle gear isn't "amazing." Legendary Armor is good for dungeon crawling, but MKS armor is better for everything else. Vesta gloves are overwhelmed by Ethereal. I have one pair of Invincible Trousers that I put on my male character, the rest have Magical Skirts. Archangel Robe is fine, but you can use an Empress/Emperor for the exact same results. There's only a big change in the final versions.

The only one that really overwhelms is the "HQ" Brain Drainer, but even I take that off my Priest for a Silver Shield for the Kaboomle bosses.
---
Cyril: Not so innocent.
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.