What IS the best weapon class in the game for each class?

#1TheBonsaiSlayaPosted 9/9/2010 11:09:59 AM
Just mark down what you think.

I currently think that Hammers are awesome for paladin.
Swords are best for those who can equip em...
But claws and Staves take my pick.
---
I haz kranial eruptionifiar
#2DancingTriggerPosted 9/9/2010 11:11:18 AM
Fans do very well for Paladin.
---
Capitalism, ho!~ - Recette, Recettear.
#3TheBonsaiSlaya(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2010 11:14:44 AM
Bows are just awesome. But they quickly lose damage.

Wolves are the best though.Wolf whistle is just killer on a boss. It takes off around 500 hp in a single turn. Rain of pain is useful too.
---
I haz kranial eruptionifiar
#4mslidePosted 9/9/2010 11:40:23 AM
Swords unless you're hunting metals, in which case it would be axe or spear. Class doesn't matter as you can use any weapon with any class if you max out its skill. If one is still in the early parts of the game, then it doesn't matter.

The only exceptions I'd make are for casters if one wants wands for the MP bonus of maybe fans for tanks.
#5Lord BladePosted 9/9/2010 11:44:15 AM
As with every DQ, swords are best.
And everyone can use every weapon. So swords for all. :p
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...
#6naanomiPosted 9/9/2010 11:58:54 AM
Swords in general...
Staffs for the dodge bonus on paladins (or when going solo)...
Wands for casters (makes a difference in long fights)
Axe for HelmSplitter (if you don't have access to Sap)
Sword or Hammer for the most Style rating!

Don't forget that you can change weapons mid fight without problem so feel free to mix it up!
#7Mr_BojingoPosted 9/9/2010 6:41:32 PM
I find swords to be the best. i would have all my melee guys try to link Falcon Slash with uber falcon blades. If i can get lucky and link at least 3 of them together, i can do like 700-800 dmg from the inital attack, then about 900, then about 1k dmg from the last guy. More if my 4th guy used the Falcon/Falcon combo. And this was without any attack buffs, tension, or enemy defense debuffs. Its much more with all the creamy attack buff and tension fillings.
---
Brawl FC: 4511 - 0138 - 5417
AC FC: 2106 - 9687 - 2404. Town: Failtown. Name: KaitoKid
#8Alita_99Posted 9/10/2010 12:40:47 AM
Assuming that every vocation has either axe/spear maxed for metal slime hunting, here's my choices:

Warrior/Gladiator/Martial Artist: swords, the falcon blade + falcon slash combo just does a silly amount of damage with their high strength.

Mage/Priest/Sage: wands, to boost their magical abilities.

Paladin: staves or fisticuffs, because of the +4% evasion rate. I only use forbearance with my paladin during the big battles, and every little bit of defensive survivability helps.

All the other vocations, it doesn't really matter in my opinion.

---
"I walk in faith! The faith that we choose who we want to be... and grow into that identity, ugly or beautiful!" - Alita, ''Battle Angel Alita''
#9KarsticlesPosted 9/10/2010 5:33:06 AM
Pretty much, everything is situational. I can think of absolutely no class that dominates with one weapon type in 100% of situations.
---
Troll me.
#10Pants1000Posted 9/10/2010 5:49:06 AM
I'm surprised there's so little love for fans here.

The Critical Fans are awesome once you get them, particularly for Paladins and other classes that have great Coup de Grace's.

And the Attribeauty is quite possibly the best Metal Slime weapon, since it normally hits for 4-8 damage with Fan Dango and always attacks before the monster's turn.

My biggest complaint about fans is that male characters look a little goofy waving them around. Had I known that I would have made more female characters. :)