I feel I need to say something about the save state editor

#1sopclodPosted 1/20/2011 6:01:37 AM
I don't know how many people saw the topic I posted a few days ago, but I recently got an action replay so that I could back up my game save. While I was at it I took a look at it with the save state editor which I first found a link to here and now they have it over at Dragon's Den.

It was originally made by a japanese gamer and translation was started but got hung up for a long time. Thanks to yumil and our own yab it seems to be finished now.

I'm not into cheating but it's extremely valuable for gathering info about your progress. I hadn't been keeping track of my grotto maps and I intended to sit there and run through them all while jotting down info on paper. Now I don't have to! You can also get all the info about your character's status, inventory and quests.

I just thought this was awesome. I don't really think it's cheating and it saves a lot of time. Thanks for listening.
#2MelonGxPosted 1/20/2011 7:35:30 AM
Yes I agree of you.
But in Japanese boards like 2ch, people would think that anyone knows how to use this tool may change the values in his/her own game so they boycotted all known tool users.
#3MelonGxPosted 1/20/2011 7:44:47 AM
They boycotted all known tool users even some of them didn't do any modifications, just see the values like you.
#4sopclod(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2011 8:32:01 AM
That's fine. Those same people may think I'm using action replay codes as well.

I never got the feeling that cheating was particularly frowned upon here, as long as people are up front about it. The slime hill map trick (which is the closest I've come to cheating so far) and chest timers are discussed often for example. Not to mention manipulating legacy boss drops and the DQVC.

Someone obviously went to a lot of trouble to make this tool and I just wanted to point out that it's not just a cheat method.