can i not connect to wifi wtih a 3ds?

#1pairenoidPosted 11/15/2011 7:39:52 PM
few questions actually
1. i havent been back to the stornway inn since i beat it, and i just got the boat and went back, did i miss out on a lot of alchemy recipes that are useful
2. why couldnt i connect to wifi on a 3ds? the DQVC, what is the DQVC
3. what is this post game content, im trying to clear this game so i can move on to skyrim so i dont plan on playing the post game that much at all, is it just to keep the user satisfied or is there story?
---
1977 0424 4490 Friendcode
#2blazenwhiperPosted 11/15/2011 8:10:36 PM
1. No you didn't miss out. any recipe in the game can be found in the FAQs.
2. Idk i still have my Ds lite. The DQVC, is basically a shopping network. each week it changes the items it sales. and for every day in that week, the set they are selling will show different items in that set.
3.Um...this game is more about the post content that the actual story. if you were getting this game for the story then i'm sorry to tell you, you are going to be missing out on a lot of things. Legacy boss's, extra quests, tons of items, stronger equips. there is a bit of story in the post game, but its really just following a quest line.
#3King_Yoshius_IVPosted 11/15/2011 8:13:14 PM
I wouldn't say that it is just to keep a user occupied. I have put almost 500 hours into the game myself. I heard that Skyrim was a good game, though, so my suggestion would be to just move on to Skyrim and have fun, since you seem like you just want to move on to that game.

Dragon Quest 9 is really fun with multiplayer, but if you don't have anybody with a game cartridge to meet with often, it isn't too much unlike a previous Dragon Quest game. D:
It's really a shame that there was no online for this game besides to get an Online store that gets you special equipment. -_-

And you need to have Wi-Fi that doesn't have anything higher than a WEP key for security. Wi-Fi for DS, even 3DS, can't connect to routers with a WPA security on. :(
I know, because I tried. It stinks. :l

Oh, well. I hope I helped. Have a nice day. :D
#4pairenoid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2011 8:27:49 PM
thats weird cuz im using a wep and im connected to wifi 24/7 on my 3ds

also i didnt buy this game for post game content, after a month of deciding between this and 5 i chose this because people said its a better overall game but 5 is for the story

i dont ever plan on playing with other people i kind of just bought it because it was 20 bucks but right after i bought a ps3 :/

i dont care for side quests, ive only done like 2 of all the ones ive been given, i never care for side quests if they are fetch quests which they all are so far, ive played enough mmos to want story behind a side quest, the side quests im assuming are just time wasters since so far i havent seen anything of interest.

its good to know this has post game content though, i was going to buy dq 5 after i beat this but i guess i can buy skyrim and play this both at the same time

how does the post game start? i beat the game and i have free roam? where would i pick up quests n stuff is there a main town
---
1977 0424 4490 Friendcode
#5blazenwhiperPosted 11/15/2011 9:09:53 PM
Well. unlike most post game content for games. you don't start at the room before final boss. This one actually starts a quest when you beat for final boss, save and cotinue the game. you actually have to complete a few quests before you have Total free roam. most of the places you weren't allowed to visit like raised land, mountains and the like will be available after the line of quests you do.
#6Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 11/16/2011 12:29:09 AM
King_Yoshius_IV posted...
And you need to have Wi-Fi that doesn't have anything higher than a WEP key for security. Wi-Fi for DS, even 3DS, can't connect to routers with a WPA security on. :(

This is incorrect. DS games cannot connect to routers with anything more complicated than WEP. DSi and 3DS games are just fine with WPA. It depends on the games more than the hardware.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!