The Official NYC Nintendo World Store Tag Mode Tuesday Topic IV

#1Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 6/3/2012 7:45:07 AM
Man, don't post for two weeks and it archives. Silly me.

Anyway, for those not in the know, from around 7-8 at Nintendo World we play DQ9 multiplayer. Usually do some legacy boss whomping, but we also allow raiding of DQVC shops and sometimes just some plain old grotto running.

If you're in the vicinity but can't make the regular time, or wish to meet up with us, just post and let us know and we'll see if we can help. Getting those 30 tags is difficult enough as is!

Anyway, for Liamland and dekablue: I can't make this Tuesday. I'll see you guys next week, but something major came up.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#2LiamlandPosted 6/4/2012 12:31:05 PM
I definitely don't check this as often because it's only on GameFAQs. But I'll still be around on Tuesday for tagging, boss battling, or hitting on Dekablue's Fountain Ladies.
#3The Mystical OnePosted 6/4/2012 2:14:17 PM
How about a post with a list of good maps you guys have to give out?
---
Bald Ninjas! http://www.baldninja.com
Super Metroid 1:53, 100% Items
#4Dark RPG Wizard 06(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 11:09:56 PM
That's a good idea. Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned business, I won't get a chance to until Tuesday night at the earliest. I'll get on it though.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#5LiamlandPosted 6/6/2012 6:37:37 AM
Yesterday, Deka and I battled a few Dragonlord Lv. 45s, but then got trounced by a Nokturnus Lv. 61...a few times.

We didn't get any orbs. Deka blamed you, Sam, for not being there. ;-)

I'll be up in Cape Cod next week on vacation, so I'll probably see you in 2 weeks.

In terms of listing out maps, Sam seems to have the most of our collected special maps, so he'd be best to compile it. I can also look up what I have and post if it will save any time.
#6Dark RPG Wizard 06(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 12:46:29 PM
In addition to all of the legacy bosses, (and the NOA maps, all of which are near Stornway) we have these:

Silver Marsh of Bane
Level: 58
Founder: hatuko
Located: 73 (SE of Bridge of Light)
Seed: 7854
Boss: Elusid
Special: MKS-only floor 11

Silver Path of Dolour
level: 62
Founder: Bleu
Located: 41 (Sign S of Swinedimples)
Seed: 1759
Boss: Sir Sanguinus
Special: LMS-only floor 10

Emerald Maze of Gloom
Level: 81
Founder: Shaelyn
Located: 8F (Cave on Lonely Coast)
Seed: 7856
Boss: Atlas
Special: Gem-only floor 9

Emerald Snowhall of Hurt
Level: 81
Founder: grumbles
Seed: 640F
Boss: Greygnarl
Special: Gem-only floor 10

Emerald World of Gloom
Level: 86
Founder: sawapi
Seed: 3CA2
Boss: Fowleye
Special: Kawasaki Locker

Ruby Path of Doom 87
Founder: masayuki
Seed: 0E5C
Boss: Tyrannosaurus Wrecks
Special: MKS-only floor 15
---
#7Destructor526Posted 6/6/2012 5:38:33 PM
I was going to make the next one, but I thought maybe Dark RPG Wizard should do it, he hasn't made one yet.

I actually played it last week to get 4 of each guest equipment (will have to either AR or wait until next year for one of Kiryl's boots), managed to get finish them on Thursday. I will probably do it again for guest gals week 3, hopefully I have the cash for it. Thankfully I finished wedding stuff last year.
---
PSN and Xbox Live name - Destructor526
Dragon's Den name - Destructor526
#8LiamlandPosted 6/8/2012 10:33:19 AM
The game's been freezing on me a lot lately. It just froze during a battle with Malroth, Lv.17. I opened the DSi XL from hybernation and started choose an option for the battle, and it froze immediately. Then I restarted it, and opened the same map, and it froze when I tried to talk to Malroth.

The only other times it froze were when Deka and Sam were connected and doing various "Party Tricks" overloading animation in my game as the host and causing a freeze. Erdrick, I know you've had this happen to you in the past.

Has anyone else experienced this? What causes it, and how do I keep it from happening? It makes me paranoid, as sometimes I'll play for a few hours without saving.
#9Dark RPG Wizard 06(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 4:40:21 AM
I don't know, Liam. That's kind of worrying. Does it happen on your other DS?

And I'm still in Georgia today. *sigh* Hoping I get back soon.
---
#10LiamlandPosted 6/14/2012 5:33:23 AM
You know what it ended up being? I took the game cart out and blew the dust off of the game and out of the DSi game slot. I also noticed that sometimes the DS menu (this has happened with both DS lite and DSi XL) won't recognize that the's a game in the slot at all, until I take the game out and blow the dust out of the game slot.

Nintendo's nothing, if not nostalgic. I swear they built in a dust blowing feature to the DS as a throwback to the old NES days.

Anyway, I tried the same solution when the game was freezing on me and it has worked fine ever since.

...now the DQVC, however....