What items could've seen battle use?

#1glitchunter75Posted 10/1/2012 6:49:22 AM
Kinda like how the holy water item can inflict a little damage to enemies.

Here's a few I came up with:

Thunderball: Deals Lightning damage to one enemy. Consumed after use.

Lava Lump: Deals Fire damage to one enemy. Consumed after use.

Ice Crystal: Deals Ice damage to one enemy. Consumed after use.

Chimera Wing: Flees from battle. Consumed after use.

Sterling's Whistle: Calls down the Starflight Express. Deals large damage to all enemies. Can only be used once per battle.
---
A V-CREATE TO THE FACE!!!
Official Shiny Victini of the Pokemon B/W 2 and MMM boards.
#2Sk8erpunqPosted 10/1/2012 11:14:42 AM
I'm actually against having thousands of usable items, but I like the idea. Here are my propositions:

Aggressence: Oomphs one party member. Consumed after use.

Colorful Orbs: After the team uses all 6 of them (of different color), Lamia is summoned, dealing extreme Zap damage.

Chronocrystal: rewinds the battle to the very beginning, HP/MP returns back to the way it was when the battle started. All items that were used are given back, but Chronocrystal breaks. Outside of battle, lets you manage up to 50 skill points already invested.

Elevating shoes: a character does a dance of luck, removing him/her from party until the end of the battle, increasing drop odds twice (or doubling the prize, if it drops). The bonus stacks :)

Resurrock: Revives character with 1HP and 0MP, only outside of battle (meant as cheap replacement of Yggdrasil leaves/(Ka)Zing early in the game). Breaks after use. When in battle, breaks when character is hit by successful death spell and carries it.
---
For humans are those who are brave
enough to create their own future.
#3Jaded_ZephyrPosted 10/1/2012 5:51:10 PM
What would be nice for me would be that if the usable item Sage's Stone in this game was NEARLY as good as it was in DQ8, as in this game it heals for far less. New usable items are fun and all, but tuning up what's already there would be nice, too.
---
A gentle breeze blows, jaded though it may be. Is it a harbinger of peace or chaos? Only the wind knows...
#4CPU-ZPosted 10/1/2012 6:13:44 PM
Jaded_Zephyr posted...
What would be nice for me would be that if the usable item Sage's Stone in this game was NEARLY as good as it was in DQ8, as in this game it heals for far less. New usable items are fun and all, but tuning up what's already there would be nice, too.

This. It's incredibly annoying having to waste a Silver Orb, Orichalcum, and some Birdsong Nectars for it only to heal between 30-40 HP. It's just an absolute waste of extremely rare items I could put towards metal gear/Erdrick's gear and a Hypernova Sword.
#5GummiArmsPosted 10/2/2012 6:48:28 PM
The Sage's stone heals between 70-90ish for me. Perhaps the user's magical mending stat is a factor in how much it heals.

Even then, it isn't really suitable for a boss battle, but I find it to be useful as a way to maintain the party's health for no MP cost while going through grottos or while training.

Now, I wouldn't mind it if more of the elemental/high tier weapons had use in battle to cast a spell kind of effects. Although I have not yet encountered a dungeon grueling enough that it makes much of a difference.