Purpose of errands are they worth it?

#1EricOwnsY_basicPosted 1/25/2008 4:35:56 PM
Are errands any good? what is the point of them.. i guess it does give me reason to have more than 5 ppl in my party so i can send some out to do errands..
#2oninoakumaPosted 1/25/2008 4:38:45 PM
It's a good way to level up generics later in the game. Plus there is a lot of cool easter eggs (if you want to call them that) for FF fans.
---
Load "*",8,1
#3KTang27Posted 1/25/2008 4:39:51 PM
Well for the reason you just said thats pretty good, and its a way of getting JP without overlevelling, gaining EXP that is. It's a tad slow, can be time consuming, and your main characters will overlevel in the random battles waiting for errands to finish anyay.

They CAN provide substantial gold benefits, but other than that unless you want all the artefacts and what not, they aren't all that great. In my opinion.

KT
#4EricOwnsY_basic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 4:43:47 PM
so there are just gold benefits and artifacts that just look pretty... no amazing weapons armor or items as a reward... thanks guys ill prob just skip this part of the game because i only keep 5 chars lvlved up and decked out in gear
#5point09micronPosted 1/25/2008 4:51:46 PM
The only real benefits are the treasures and hidden lands. The JP and gil gained for a success are negligible. I've never seen even 200 JP per character for a success. It's so much faster to just get in a fight and Focus 3-4 times. Same deal with the gil. You'll have more than you ever need just from story battles, without even considering how much you get from random battles.
#6_Hivolt_Posted 1/25/2008 5:47:28 PM
Good for getting JP for calculators.
---
Murmaider, Murmaider, Murmaider.
#7BladenytePosted 1/25/2008 5:53:05 PM
"It's a good way to level up generics later in the game"

no it isnt. you dont gain exp from errands.. and besides, who in their right mind uses generics 'later in the game' whent he story characters are better in every way
---
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
http://s2.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=62572
#8HeroebalPosted 1/25/2008 10:12:37 PM
Good for getting JP for calculators.

^ seconded.

Calculators take about 10 years to grind jp with
#9point09micronPosted 1/26/2008 10:02:18 AM
Nonsense. Just set your Calculators to Sing or Dance when their first turn comes up. The performances always activate after a certain number of clockticks, regardless of the character's speed. Set Vanish or Shirahadori as your reaction and they basically level themselves.
#10KTang27Posted 1/26/2008 10:15:38 AM
Sigh, effort of getting a dancer/bard :P

KT