Bravery and Faith (Help)

#1major_winPosted 6/23/2008 2:10:10 AM
I got this game after playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on the GBA, and already this one seems a lot more complicated. One of the aspects that I'm not quite sure about as yet is the bravery and faith stats in this game (that were absent from FFTA). Essentially want I want to know is this: How and to how much of an extent do these stats affect gameplay, what kinds of jobs benefit from each of the stats, and what are the best methods to augment these values. Thanks in advance.
---
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!!
#2Zeek87AKPosted 6/23/2008 2:18:44 AM
Faith = more damage you deal or take from magic based attacks and abilities
Bravery = the % of your char using their reaction ability, the higher then better. Also if you use the treasure hunter ability, the LOWER bravery you have, the higher chance you get a rarer item from the item spawn.

If your chars have too much faith or too low bravery they will also leave your party

to increase bravery use Ramza (chapter 4 to learn the squire ability Shout) gives 20 bravery for the battle. To lower it you need to use an Orators speechcraft ability.

To raise or lower faith you can only use the Orators speechcraft abilities.

For every 4 points that their bravery/faith raises or lowers during a battle they gain/lose 1 permenant point of bravery/faith
---
Love and PEACE!!!
#3Zeek87AKPosted 6/23/2008 2:24:15 AM
Having the lowest possible Faith on your close combat units is best (3 is lowest, since you need to lose 4 points in order to lose one point permanently) and having the highest Bravery on ALL of your chars (97 is highest) is best, aside from 1 treasure hunter. Although there is a story character that you can get later in the storyline that starts with VERY low bravery that is perfect for the roll so you need not worry about lowering the brave of your units.

Wait until chapter 4 to raise their brave (trust me, giving them 20 brave with a 100% chance every turn is a LOT easier and faster then trying to use an Orator in Chapter 2 or earlier)

Your Casters should have 94 faith (no more or they will leave your party, although they will complain about it around 85 faith) and the bravery on your treasure hunter should be no less then 10, although they complain around 14 brave. ALL of your other units should have maxed bravery though (97)
---
Love and PEACE!!!
#4ximausPosted 6/23/2008 4:23:30 AM
Having the lowest possible Faith on your close combat units is best.

This is true, unless you plan to cast spells on your close combat units. Because the enemy (especially in random battles) rarely casts spells successfully on your units, it is far more beneficial to have a median amount of brave on most of your close combat units.

The exception would be if you do not use curative/defensive spells then you have no need for your close range units to have more than the lowest amount of faith.

Wait until chapter 4 to raise their brave (trust me, giving them 20 brave with a 100% chance every turn is a LOT easier and faster then trying to use an Orator in Chapter 2 or earlier)

I'm not sure I remember something like that. Your main character in chapter 3 (as well as another character you get in chapter 3) has an ability which raises brave by 10 at a 100% chance. Perhaps this is what he meant?
---
~Solitary Island is pretty depressing, even the monsters on it have no will to live~
#5SyfaPosted 6/23/2008 6:52:46 AM
Scream boosts the main characters brave by 10 per use, steel boosts it by 5 per use it has a 100% hit rate, orator's also have abilities that raise/lower brave/faith.
---
High Warlord, Farewell Monster Hunter.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
#6major_win(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2008 11:16:47 PM
Thanks for the help guys
---
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE-CONTROL FOR COOL!!!