Shirahadori and Chantage

#1YenRou1992Posted 12/1/2008 3:43:14 AM
Which job gives me the skill Shirahadori?
Can i only have one chantage?

Thanks in forward
---
and the endless amount of nubs who kept their left hand on robo's picture, and their right somewhere else.
Epic
#2PSP7MASTERPosted 12/1/2008 5:26:59 AM
1) Samurai
2) No
---
The end to this story is not yet written. The true hero was forgotten.
Come, I shall enlighten you with the truth.
#3naved444Posted 12/1/2008 6:31:43 AM
Shirahadori is a great attack learned by a samurai job. Depending on your bravery, It can block attacks making them only have an 18 % chance of hitting. To become a samurai, you must first achieve a leve 2 Dragoon, a level 5 monk, and a level 4 knight.
---

Chantage is a poached item obtained from a swine, so there is always an infinite amount availible. Poach is learned by a thief, but luso has an innate poach ability with his game hunter job. Swines are rare to find, so you are better breeding many of them, and then poaching the chantages out of 'em. EVERY SINGLE poached item can be poached another time, so keep that in mind.

****It's a good idea also to poach rubber suits from greater hydras if you have no access to multiplayer because they are the best light armor availible in the single player game.****

-naved444 "When the war of the beasts brings about the worlds end The goddess descends from the sky, Wings of light and dark spread afar."
#4SyfaPosted 12/1/2008 6:51:57 AM
Shirahadori is a great attack learned by a samurai job. Depending on your bravery, It can block attacks making them only have an 18 % chance of hitting. To become a samurai, you must first achieve a leve 2 Dragoon, a level 5 monk, and a level 4 knight.
---

Chantage is a poached item obtained from a swine, so there is always an infinite amount availible. Poach is learned by a thief, but luso has an innate poach ability with his game hunter job. Swines are rare to find, so you are better breeding many of them, and then poaching the chantages out of 'em. EVERY SINGLE poached item can be poached another time, so keep that in mind.

****It's a good idea also to poach rubber suits from greater hydras if you have no access to multiplayer because they are the best light armor availible in the single player game.****

Dear god I hate you naved444... If you're going to spout off information to people, at least get it correct.

Shirahadori, negates most physical attacks with a brave % chance of success, if your brave is 97% the chance of shirahadori intercepting attacks is 97%. Most reaction abilities work on the brave = percentile chance, it doesn't function on magic, or certain skills. For more information, go to the Battle Mechanics Guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197339/3876) and look up blade grasp, shirahadori and it are the same ability sans a 're-imagining' of the games script.

Swines cannot ever be *found*, they can only be obtained by breeding from other pig-class monsters.

And finally, armor falls largely to *preference*, rubber suits aren't all that great, 'woo they stop lightning and have lots of hp', I'd rather take something that boosts my pa or speed, or prevents status effects like stop, or things that have *useful* abilities like always protect/shell pa+2 ma+1 of the lordly robes.
---
Farewell Monster Hunter. The black wind howls again...
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
#5PSP7MASTERPosted 12/1/2008 7:01:26 AM
Swines cannot ever be *found*, they can only be obtained by breeding from other pig-class monsters
WHAT? Swines can be found in Midlight's deep, on the last floor. If you don't know sth, don't post it.
---
The end to this story is not yet written. The true hero was forgotten.
Come, I shall enlighten you with the truth.
#6SyfaPosted 12/1/2008 7:07:23 AM
^My bad, you have a *very very* small chance to get 1-2 swines on one of the most obnoxious maps to get to in the entire game.

Its quicker to invite a pig at zigolis swamp in ch2, and have swines poached before you even enter ch3, not at the very ending dregs of ch4 in the end an optional dungeon, which if you're new to, can take countless hours to figure out how to get to the bottom of.
---
Farewell Monster Hunter. The black wind howls again...
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
#7naved444Posted 12/1/2008 7:30:25 AM
Syfa I know what shirahadori does, I was giving an example and all of that information is correct. If you don't have multiplayer it is a good idea to obtain the rubber suits for 2 major reasons:

1. Many mages choose to do lightning based attacks and when doing arithmetics I can use thundaga and ONLY hit the enemies.

2. It has a good hp boost and if you miss the items in Midlights deep it's a good idea to get them.

Also, I could have made my shirahadori statement clearer but I understand the mechanics of the ability.

HELOOO your the one giving false information, because the swine is found on the last floor of Midlights deep. It is easier to breed, oh wait I gave that idea. SO that just proves that you must look for my statements and point out any little thing I leave out.
---
-naved444 "When the war of the beasts brings about the worlds end The goddess descends from the sky, Wings of light and dark spread afar."
#8ArchaelN7Posted 12/1/2008 7:32:28 AM

HELOOO your the one giving false information, because the swine is found on the last floor of Midlights deep. It is easier to breed, oh wait I gave that idea. SO that just proves that you must look for my statements and point out any little thing I leave out.

His little mistake about Uribos not being found is not as bad as the ultra un-clear, inaccurate, and misleading massive mistakes you make.

Trust me on this.
---
Holder of the Holy Stone... Promise me....
Your spirit will unite with my flesh to live forever.
#9naved444Posted 12/1/2008 7:35:25 AM
What is misleading about my statements? I did not explain it as clearly as I could have but how is that misleading? would you like to explain that to me? I don't see what is so innacurate about my statement.
---
#10ArchaelN7Posted 12/1/2008 7:49:57 AM

Shirahadori is not an attack.

Shirahadori blocks attacks depending on your bravery, but the % chance will never be necessarily 18%.

---
Holder of the Holy Stone... Promise me....
Your spirit will unite with my flesh to live forever.