Max party members?

#1Patriarch105Posted 5/9/2011 8:38:02 AM
The game says 24 but im not sure if thats including Ramza or not. I'm wondering if I can get every storyline character in the same party including Boco.

There are 25 people total and Boco would be the one i'd have to cut from the team.

Also with a maximum like that how are we expected to level up onion knights with no room to breed pigs?
---
I currently play Super Street Fighter 4
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me. PSN: Stryker105
#2EfratePosted 5/9/2011 3:54:00 PM
Your roster has enough room for Ramza, your starting 6 generics, Rad, Alicia, Lavian, Boco, and every special character. Exactly enough room. For breeding and whatnot, generally you don't keep all 6 starting generics, so depending on how many of those you get rid of it your egg space.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#3Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2011 9:56:55 PM
I think I know where I went wrong. I think I counted Reis 2x. once in each form.
---
#4AzureHuntressPosted 5/10/2011 11:04:30 PM(edited)
It's 24 total including Ramza. So 23 besides him. If you add every unit to your party that seeks to join you, including secret characters and Boco, Ladd, Alicia, and Lavian, you'll still have six free spaces.

Boco, Ladd, Alicia, and Lavian are technically generic units, but they have a unique Help quote on their status screen. So, you can decide for yourself whether or not that makes them worth keeping around.

Personally, I dropped five of my six generics (I kept one male) in lieu of a few monsters. I replaced them with a Mindflayer, Dark Behemoth, Blue Dragon, Tiamat, and a Red Chocobo. I also dropped Boco, and picked up another female generic character (that I named Boco, because she took the same spot that my old Boco had).
---
"You're dressed as a chicken. What are you ... what are ... what are you going to do, dressed as a chicken?"
~ Jasper, Fable III
#5Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2011 8:02:07 PM
while i've played this game many times i've never really completed it and usually stop around getting Luso or Beowolf so I really don't feel the need to drop any of the party members I have.

I know most people would say Boco is a useless party member but I keep him around for a very specific reason. "He'll always be lower level then my other party members".

Because he's a Yellow Chocobo i don't often use he gives me the ability to have a full party during random encounters but allows me to purposly neglect a higher level character to prevent raising the random encounter level while still haveing a healer on my team since there are really only two healing classes and a good character probably didn't spend much time on either until much later.
---
#6AzureHuntressPosted 5/11/2011 8:08:24 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
I know most people would say Boco is a useless party member but I keep him around for a very specific reason. "He'll always be lower level then my other party members".

I wouldn't exactly call Boco useless. Boco can provide transportation to a low mobility unit (such as a healer), or even serve as a mediocre healer itself. But, there are plenty of other means to accomplish that.
---
"You're dressed as a chicken. What are you ... what are ... what are you going to do, dressed as a chicken?"
~ Jasper, Fable III
#7EfratePosted 5/11/2011 8:44:08 PM
he gives me the ability to have a full party during random encounters but allows me to purposly neglect a higher level character to prevent raising the random encounter level

Random battle levels are determined by the highest level character in your roster. The levels of who you bring into battle have nothing to deal with it. I you have a lvl 99 in your party and bring 5 level 1s into battle all your enemies will be based around highest level, likely 88-99.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#8Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2011 11:00:14 AM(edited)
Efrate posted...
he gives me the ability to have a full party during random encounters but allows me to purposly neglect a higher level character to prevent raising the random encounter level

Random battle levels are determined by the highest level character in your roster. The levels of who you bring into battle have nothing to deal with it. I you have a lvl 99 in your party and bring 5 level 1s into battle all your enemies will be based around highest level, likely 88-99.

I know. Thats why I'm neglecting a higher level character so they can't level up an raise the monster encounter level.

---