The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

lion editor and fft patcher question

#1fmfan13Posted 5/30/2011 12:08:10 AM
can we create a job using any of this application??
i wanted to create a job HERETIC for my ramza
#2thelegend5306Posted 5/30/2011 12:10:12 AM
It's been a LONG time since I've used FFTpatcher, but IIRC you can rename his squire class to whatever you want and then give it whatever skills you want.

I think...
---
OMGGOLDENSUNDSOMG!!!!
#3thelegend5306Posted 5/30/2011 12:11:03 AM
Just to clarify, you can't make new jobs, but you can redefine existing ones.*

*I think... Haha.
---
OMGGOLDENSUNDSOMG!!!!
#4fmfan13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2011 12:32:05 AM
how to change it??i have it in my pc now and i cannot change the name
#5Mega_TyrantPosted 5/30/2011 6:00:37 AM
You can't change the names of jobs with FFTPatcher, you need to use FFTactext to do that.
---
Bludgeo'd for hammer...
#6EfratePosted 5/30/2011 7:20:35 PM
You can give all the skills you want, etc, in patcher easily enough, but you need to use tactext to do naming. What exactly are you looking for? The abilities and whatnot I could whip out a patch for ya in a short while, the tactext I hate though so I would recommend doing that yourself, plus you get to exercise your own creativity more.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#7fmfan13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2011 8:00:50 PM
i wanted to create either Heretic or knight gallant job...i still not sure what skill i should put in..i'm not interested making ramza too strong anyway...

i have all the program now..i will figure it out myself... if i need help i'll ask again..thxx...
#8fmfan13(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2011 8:13:09 PM
ok..i need help now...when i open fftactext editor, and then i load my iso file.. this things come out

error loading file: object reference not set to an instance of object.

any idea???
#9EfratePosted 6/1/2011 7:27:02 PM(edited)
try opening the iso in shishi to restructure, sometimes that helps. otherwise, you may have a bad ISO, re-rip and try again.

Edit: If its War of the Lions, make sure you are using a .cso, and starting a war of the lions patch. You cannot do a war of the lions patch on a .iso as far as I know. Seeing as how the umd is in .cso format.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#10Mega_TyrantPosted 6/1/2011 7:57:54 PM
It's the other way around. You can't patch CSOs. When you rip from the UMD it's in ISO format. People compress ISOs to CSOs to save space.
---
Bludgeo'd for hammer...