PSP Animation Slowdown FIXED!

#31emortalkombat89Posted 3/3/2012 8:53:32 PM
Is there any way to do this on the Vita?
---
GT: DragoonLegend
Steam: ^1Sickology 101
#32chessjerkPosted 3/3/2012 10:08:44 PM
RevenantThings posted...
Well, you're going to have to modify it. You'll need custom firmware installed, so you may have to do some research on the subject.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was hoping it wasn't going to need custom firmware. Oh well.
#33Disturbed0nePosted 3/3/2012 10:51:53 PM
This patcher is awesome, Archaemic will have more patches coming soon as well. I'll keep in contact with him through the forum that I moderate and post anything relevant on the PSP system board if anyone is interested in any of the other patches he releases.

@chessjerk : Putting CFW/LCFW(if you don't have a 1k or 2k with specific mobo) is "almost" idiot proof these days. There's only about a .5% chance of actually doing any damage to your system and to do anything you'd have to go out of your way (ie clicking settings then resetting the PSP and finally going into certain folders that aren't easy to access and deleting files).
---
"I'm okay with black people so long as they don't surround me out of the blue and start rapping at me" ~ Igloo Bob
#34BlueMage279Posted 3/4/2012 2:57:37 AM
Yea, it's relatively simple to install CFW. My advice is to watch a youtube tutorial if you've never done it. It basically amounts to downloading a file and just putting it on your PSP via a USB cable.
---
needs ideas for a sig
#35ZulithePosted 3/4/2012 6:26:37 AM
a method to accomplish this on a PSVita would be awesome. Only reason I haven't purchased is due to this gross oversight by SE. Why do they update the ios versions all the time but won't patch the PSP version for us? It's really unfair.
#36chessjerkPosted 3/4/2012 6:36:06 AM
disturbed0ne posted...
@chessjerk : Putting CFW/LCFW(if you don't have a 1k or 2k with specific mobo) is "almost" idiot proof these days. There's only about a .5% chance of actually doing any damage to your system and to do anything you'd have to go out of your way (ie clicking settings then resetting the PSP and finally going into certain folders that aren't easy to access and deleting files).

Well, this idiot needs a lot of help. :)

Are there any youtube links or hacktics forum topics that are recommended as a starting point for someone who has absolutely no clue what they are doing? It would be greatly appreciated.
#37_chaotikz_Posted 3/4/2012 8:21:30 AM
Just wanted to say this is amazing, to tell the truth, the lag/slowdown never bothered me, but now that I'm using this, I can really see the diference.

Can you imagine if something like this was made for Spectral Souls? I love that game, but it's so damn slow ;_;
#38Just JoePosted 3/4/2012 12:38:24 PM
Hardly a big issue, but it's a bit disorienting to have the screen shift back and forth when going to the shops.. Is that on my side or is it like that for everyone?

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY:
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#39LuciferusSanctiPosted 3/4/2012 7:18:03 PM
i got the lag fix working for 5.50 prome 4 using latest version of livepatch (0.1.3?) on psp 1000

i was having problems on my first try but what i did was remove the version number on the live patch folder leaving the folder name "Livepatch", renamed it also on my game.txt and i have it working.

its currently running for 2 hours now testing stuffs i.e. saving, quiting the game, mashing the buttons... so far no crashes.

never tested the unstretch patch though. hope this helps :)
#40Mega_Tyrant(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2012 7:43:56 PM
correction to my post above, I meant the livepatch folder has to be named "livepatch", it's not case sensitive. The livepatch folder will come named as LivePatch +"some version numbers". It needs to be renamed livepatch.
---
Bludgeo'd for hammer...