Transferring Saved FFT Files (Vita and PSP)

#1ResdoPosted 6/12/2012 1:01:18 AM
Is it possible to transfer a saved file on PSP to Vita without erasing Vita's FFT files?

Like if the VIta has slot 1 and 2 saved while the PSP has slot 3 and 4 saved, will it be possible since its not overwriting a slot? Or is the saved file just one FFT file that contains 20 slot files?

My brother wants to play my cousin but my file is saved on the VIta while both of their files are saved on the PSP. I wouldnt want them to start a new file on my Vita just so they can play with each other.

TLDR:
I wanna transer saved FFT slots on my PSP to my saved FFT Vita slots without erasing my FFT Vita slots.
#2Disturbed0nePosted 6/12/2012 10:11:51 AM
I know it's a pain to transfer files onto the PSP without erasing them. I do it by using two memory cards and loading the game save up on one and then switching them and saving the game onto the one with the previous saves (not saving over them, but saving them on a different slot)

I'm sure the same thing can be done on the Vita if you had two memory cards for it. (I'm not that familiar with the Vita's CMA/OCMA so that's the only way I can think of doing it)
---
"A WINNER IS YOU."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPcwiUbWpc&t=0m27s
#3Storm_WHMPosted 6/12/2012 3:30:19 PM
Hook up your PSP to your computer using a USB port. Copy your save files onto your computer to back them up.
#4Disturbed0nePosted 6/12/2012 5:05:30 PM
Hook up your PSP to your computer using a USB port. Copy your save files onto your computer to back them up.

That still doesn't help him have all 4 files on the same memory stick. o_O
---
PRO Online forum - http://forum.prometheus.uk.to
#5Storm_WHMPosted 6/12/2012 7:39:20 PM(edited)

You said, "I know it's a pain to transfer files onto the PSP without erasing them."

I would take precautions before attempting if this could happen. I would use your method, but I would still backup my save files before hand, just incase.
#6Disturbed0nePosted 6/12/2012 8:21:38 PM

You said, "I know it's a pain to transfer files onto the PSP without erasing them."

I would take precautions before attempting if this could happen. I would use your method, but I would still backup my save files before hand, just incase.

Yes but if you do it the way that I described then it's impossible to erase the files because the memory stick with the one's you're attempting to save wouldn't even be in the device. (I've done it dozens of times with 0 erased files after I was done)
---
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” ~ Albert Einstein
#7Storm_WHMPosted 6/13/2012 10:05:04 AM
True, but I would take precaution for a lot of people attempting something for the first time. Someone always ends up messing something up, no matter how fool proof the plan is.

Because honestly, think of his question for a second. Doesn't your method seem like the most basic thing that comes to mind?
#8Disturbed0nePosted 6/13/2012 2:35:33 PM
Yes, it's a good idea to make a backup.

@TC : If your brother and your cousin both have PSP's then why do they need your Vita to play together? o_O All they have to do is be in the same room, I did it last night with both of my PSP 3001's and it worked just fine.
---
"A WINNER IS YOU."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPcwiUbWpc&t=0m27s