Question about random battles in early game...

#1RobotX70Posted 7/21/2012 12:10:18 AM
So I'm very early in the game, I've only done 3 battles (tutorial and then next 2). I wanted to try and farm a bit of JP before moving on to learn things like JP Boost, but.. I don't stand a chance in random battles at Mandalia Plains. There is always like 3 chocobos that ridiculously overpower me, I've tried reloading a few times but no luck. Are all random battles like this? Should I wait till later to try to grind on randoms? Thanks for any help or advice.
#2Jasmine_xPPPosted 7/21/2012 12:48:26 AM
Once you get to the castle, shops sell a better tiered set of items. It'll definitely help.
After that, you can head back to gariland to buy better clothing for more HP to better stand a chance in random battles.
I tried doing that too, but what my tactic in the end was put item on everyone, and just wait for the enemies to come to you, then just gang up on one at a time and make sure nobody goes below like 30hp.
Wish you luckkk
#3Disturbed0nePosted 7/21/2012 1:29:55 AM
Random battles at Mandalia Plains early on in the game are pretty tough, the best advice I can give you is to save right before a battle there and if there are a lot of Chocobos you should reset the game and try again for an easier battle.
---
Tired of the slowdown on FFT:WotL? You can fix it very easily with LivePatch by Archaemic
http://www.mediafire.com/?wddh9v2cfxozinf