No generics run.

#1VertaniusPosted 7/30/2012 12:17:53 PM
So i was thinking of starting a No generics run, that would mean that I'd be fighting with a very low manned party for a bit, would that make Ramza, for example, overleveled since he's doing most of the work?
#2ZalyckronPosted 7/30/2012 12:20:03 PM
Your real challenge would be the early game. Don't units level up with you to a degree?
#3Vertanius(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 12:21:26 PM
I think story missions don't, only random encounters.
#4crunchy612Posted 7/30/2012 4:40:01 PM
Get your ass to chapter 4 as fast as possible and you've won the game
---
Final Fantasy Marathon! Finished: III, IV, V, VII VIII, IX Currently Playing: Disgaea 1(casual only)
Yet to finish/refinish: Screw it.
#5SlamslatePosted 7/30/2012 10:32:55 PM(edited)
IIRC you will need Delita to carry you through chapter 1 with autopotion. Or maybe not.
---
"I've had my prices super low and it hasn't sold which is why I bumped up the price."-xxnike629xx
#6Arvis_JaggamarPosted 7/31/2012 7:21:18 AM
Do you count Ladd, Alicia, and Lavian as "generics?" Because if you don't, that'll help a bit.

-Arvis
#7tiornysPosted 7/31/2012 8:08:09 AM
Slamslate posted...
IIRC you will need Delita to carry you through chapter 1 with autopotion. Or maybe not.

No, although that will help get him through with a minimum of leveling. A strong Delita is priceless for some of the weaker SSCC's, but solo Ramza can easily be built up into a powerhouse capable of soloing the chapter. Consider a 97 Bravery Ramza Ninja/Punch Art/Auto-Potion/Brawler/Move +3, as just one possible build, and probably not close to the best.

Actually, it's possible to build Ramza up without leveling him much, if you're willing to put in a lot of work with generics and have the "challenge proper" start at Dorter (the conventional starting point for most challenges). If you're playing the challenge from Gariland, you'll probably want to strengthen Delita as much as possible to avoid over-leveling yourself.

t~
#8Vertanius(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2012 12:59:46 PM
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
Do you count Ladd, Alicia, and Lavian as "generics?" Because if you don't, that'll help a bit.

-Arvis

I do consider them Generics.

My goal is to not overlevel Ramza NOR make him a walking fortress of untouchable destruction.