Unbeatable Team Build

#31EfratePosted 11/29/2012 9:45:32 AM
@alma no AI tournament uses max stats, and there isn't a simulator to easily do anything with wotl. Most of the tools do not work well at all.

Heck as my wotl patch is progressing I am finding out how absolutely horrendous it is in so many ways. Its not mod friendly, and a lot of the tools we can use on the normal game do not work on wotl, or work only sparingly. I'd give examples but ffhacktics is the place for that.

Standard tournaments are usually lvl 35 and store bought, often store bought in ch. 2 only. The lack of total status protection and reraise/regen items changes the way you do things. Plus AI prioritized talk skill and breaks very low and would rather wack with a knife for all of 15 damage or so than reduce brave by 20 or attack normally as opposed to break a stat. FFT AI is pretty bad in a lot of ways, and wotl as with most parts of the port just copies that.

Plus we ban certain things or put restrictions on stuff. Like brave and faith must be equal, no ninja base class, and shirihadori must be at lowest brave, and since its TDD you only can get stuff from 2 classes, and each combination can only be used once.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#32RaijiniliPosted 12/2/2012 12:32:22 AM
Thanks to this topic, I thought up a quickening team (unproven) which would basically set Reis up to max the stats of two Tiamats (who can ALSO get the infinite turns due to Reis's Dragon -> 100CT skill). Not practical, but interesting use of the Dragoner set.
#33KwingsterPosted 12/3/2012 4:05:48 PM
I think I have an ultimate defensive build in QuMarsh's FAQ, but the problem with having an 'unbeatable' FFT build is that Balthier's ability Barrage is strong enough to kill any character at all. I mean, if you had a Balthier with 50 Speed and 99 Physical Attack, you could rush and kill anyone you wanted. Shirahadori would only protect you from the first hit, same with Mana Shield.

The best way to stay alive is to have two female units with Ribbons, Brave Suits, Safeguard, and 50 Speed each. I guess you could also use Cloud if you wanted, because of his ability to equip Ribbons. With a setup like that, Balthier would be unable to kill both units before one of them revived. To prevent other units from potentially killing you, you would probably want the traditional stuff like Mana Shield and Manafont, or something like that.
---
www.kwing.newgrounds.com
#34EfratePosted 12/3/2012 7:12:39 PM
Just hit balthier from range. Also he cannot get reraise/regen and ribbon. You also only get 1 bathier. If you manage to close, and at 50 speed yer likely versus 75 with an auto-haste build, you'll go first and use any number of things to get by him. Plus drop a single person they pop up very quickly thereafter.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads