Ending WTH o-o (spoilers)

#1Devil_APosted 11/25/2012 11:08:15 PM
Ok so ramza and co are supposedly dead (in the public's eyes) and somehow him and alma managed to survive. What im wondering is if it was due to the stones he was collecting before the final fight? Like did they have some effect that nulled ultimas suicide attack?

Anyways, im not quite sure how the whole thing with alma and ultima happened. I mean if im not mistaken, ultima had alma's body right? So what form was she in when she came out?

Another thing is man was that ending depressing D:

Quite honestly i did not see the olevia scene coming. Though im wondering, does delita die? Kinda sad for him but when he was stabbed i felt it was deserving considering all the bad stuff he pulled. Talk about karma eh?

Also since this takes place years prior to ff 12, any chance that the dynast king is actually a descendant of delita? or he was just someone else's descendant.

Finally completely unrelated to the ending. How come there werent more lucavi demons D:

I was looking forward to fighting the others. Im not familiar with ivalice's history prior to the occuria though so can anyone enlighten me =/.
#2SyfaPosted 11/26/2012 12:11:41 AM
Devil_A posted...
Also since this takes place years prior to ff 12, any chance that the dynast king is actually a descendant of delita? or he was just someone else's descendant.

FF12 actually takes place a few millenia before fft, and in a different part of the world.

As for the ending, a lot of things were left vague intentionally to let you form your own opinions. Ultima didn't have alma's body though (alma was a guest in the last fight! come on man!). As for how Ramza and his company got out.... who knows? we're never explicitly shown or told what happens there and until word of god said ramza lived (about 15 years after the fact the creator of the game said 'yes he lives') we're never entirely sure what happened. The ending of this game was expanded upon more than we ever got in the original.
---
Farewell Monster Hunter. The black wind howls again...
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
#3Devil_A(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 1:14:37 AM
oh it was before fft? Woops, haha

But ye im still wondering how alma was out. I mean ye she fights with you(albeit quite useless though) but she never actually does anything besides buff the party. At least for me she didnt.

Let me rephrase that, what form was she in when she was out. Was it as a human or was it an astral projection? Im just a little curious as hers is the first case of the host rejecting the lucavi so much that she actually leaves on her own/gets kicked out.

Either way, there wasnt any other replacement for her body so how was she maintaining her presence to the pt.
#4vegetakenPosted 11/26/2012 3:32:36 AM
But ye im still wondering how alma was out. I mean ye she fights with you(albeit quite useless though) but she never actually does anything besides buff the party. At least for me she didnt.

I know of a certain poster who would be quite upset to read this.
---
axe<great axe<greater axe<greatest axe. no need to thank me. ~_Emissary_
PSN: Sadboosh
#5Devil_A(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 4:55:05 AM
vegetaken posted...

I know of a certain poster who would be quite upset to read this.

lol i probably know who you mean but meh thats just from personal experience. I had two people dead and since she was a cleric, i figured she at least knew raise, instead all she did was cast aegis on herself and my three remaining chars. Though thankfully one was reis as a black mage so i just spammed holy breath maybe 5 times for both fights(5 cause i didnt know ultima was immune for the first one >>)

When i started the last fight, i figured id be over leveled cause my pt average was something like 55-57. Didnt think id get owned so easily....
#6terran3999999Posted 11/26/2012 6:21:56 PM
Ever heard of the term "open ended endings"? That's basically what the ending is, Matsuno had and still(IIRC Matsuno only wished he could do a sequel or prequel to this game, he never outright stated 'Ramza lives!') does.

Ramza living or dying is all up to the player's choice, there is no wrong answer to it, though there's a lot that think otherwise.

Delita must have lived, if he died there would have been no successor and Ivalice would have just plunged into war again.

Regarding ancestry, it could be possible, my own personal theory is that Vaan could be Ramza's ancestor seeing as how Ultima said she was defeated before by his bloodline.

And I agree with you! I was let down that you couldn't fight all of the Lucavis, it was mostly due to time restraint. IIRC the original Lucavis were more demonic in nature(Beelzebub was one of them! ironically so was Leviathan) as opposed to how they were former final bosses of past FF in XII.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#7Devil_A(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 5:47:08 AM
Meh i quite honestly wouldnt challenge if he or the party lived or not. What im wondering is how they would live. Thats why i came up with the theory bout the stones.

The thing bout that statement with ultima though is that it wasnt just "one" person who challenged her back then(if it was vaan and co). Since ff 12 didnt exactly have one main character and ultima was just an optional boss who, as far as we know, was not planning anything at the time. Even if it had been vaan, i see more of ashe or basch in ramza(basch especially since he was a knight)

Also im finding it hard to wrap my head around tactics coming after ff 12 cause 12 had airships =/.

Beezlebub?! lol glad they didnt add him in then, i had enough of seeing the dude's name from persona >>. Though zalera is quite beezlebub looking. I was expecting something like the version from ff 12 but i guess the death lucavi has to look disgusting and vile =/.
#8Arvis_JaggamarPosted 11/27/2012 6:12:22 AM
Devil_A posted...
Also im finding it hard to wrap my head around tactics coming after ff 12 cause 12 had airships =/.

Tactics has many references to a past cataclysm that wiped out most of civilization. The Final Boss battle of Tactics takes place in an "Airship Graveyard," a dead vestige of a past civilization that had airships.

Haven't you ever wondered where all the Bangaa, Viera, Moogles, etc are in Tactics? They're all dead or in hiding on some distant continent.

-Arvis
---
PSN ID: Arvis_Jaggamar
#9Devil_A(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 9:28:04 AM
er ye silly me, forgot the name of the dgn XD. Now that i think about it, wasnt it in a whole other dimension though? What kind of disaster could cause that to happen i wonder.

Im gonna be playing it again anyways after i get the good ending at corpse party, so ill just see for myself those hints. Cant believe i missed those.

I always figured vierra were in that "we hate the humes, they only cause destruction" phase so they didnt bother leaving the wood. Bangaa i can see being extinct or not even created yet since nobody seems to like those and moogles i can imagine taking care of the chocobos at the mountains.
#10alienhamsterPosted 11/27/2012 12:31:47 PM
er ye silly me, forgot the name of the dgn XD. Now that i think about it, wasnt it in a whole other dimension though? What kind of disaster could cause that to happen i wonder.

Im gonna be playing it again anyways after i get the good ending at corpse party, so ill just see for myself those hints. Cant believe i missed those.

I always figured vierra were in that "we hate the humes, they only cause destruction" phase so they didnt bother leaving the wood. Bangaa i can see being extinct or not even created yet since nobody seems to like those and moogles i can imagine taking care of the chocobos at the mountains.

Also remember all of the things that Mustadios father finds under Goug, Thats all from the past and seems to be much more technologically advanced in spite of that. Thats why Mustadio's gun is so foreign to Ramza.
---
Official Ramza Beoulve & Balthier Bunansa of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
White: 3654 2756 9294