Anyone willing to modify a save for me? Will compensate

#1AshenOakPosted 11/28/2012 6:59:42 PM
I'm playing through on my Vita, and am currently in chapter 3. I don't have the ability to play multiplayer, so I'm going to miss out on all of those cool items. I also kicked out Lavian and Alicia, as I didn't know there was a good item (Tynar Rouge) tied to them. Would anybody be willing to modify my save (with LionEdit) to add in these items I have missed/am going to miss? I'd be happy to compensate you for your trouble with a PSN card, money to your PayPal, or whatever works for you.

Thanks.
---
You can't spell "gamespot" without "Jeff Gerstman sucks"
#2SyfaPosted 11/29/2012 12:35:10 PM
I dont believe it's possible to edit saves for the vita and have them be recognized.
---
Farewell Monster Hunter. The black wind howls again...
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
#3AshenOak(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 5:01:57 PM
It is definitely possible to do so - I just did it myself, and it works fine. =)

The issue is that the save data is encrypted, so it can't be edited directly outside the context of a PSP. What LionEdit provides is a kernel hook that essentially makes a bare copy of all the important save data when the save is loaded...I believe it does this by just reading all of the info from memory and writing it out to the lionedit.bin file that you see appear. The desktop application then modifies this raw data copy rather than the actual save, and when you load the game on your PSP the raw data is patched into your save. This means that for a save to work on the Vita, you first have to load it up on the PSP with the kernel hook, and possible also save the file again with the patched data.

Anyway; now that I've done it, I no longer need assistance. I didn't realize that it was possible to install kernel level plugins on PSP's without doing the full CFW install, which is why I was asking for help...but it is possible, and I did it, so no more need. Thanks for any potential interest!
---
You can't spell "gamespot" without "Jeff Gerstman sucks"
#4ronaravivPosted 11/29/2012 10:36:12 PM
Would you be able to make a save for me??
#5alienhamsterPosted 12/1/2012 5:32:11 AM
I dont believe it's possible to edit saves for the vita and have them be recognized.

Incorrect. Sorry. Had to address it.
---
Official Ramza Beoulve & Balthier Bunansa of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
White: 3654 2756 9294
#6Blackmarvel79Posted 12/1/2012 12:33:17 PM
Download a save from the saves section theres plenty of good ones.
---
Currently playing Resident Evil 6 and Peace Walker.
#7ThamauturgePosted 12/1/2012 6:00:16 PM
I'd be happy to do it. Just provide me with a download of your save.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Majora's Mask (again), FFVIII, Vagrant Story (again)
#8ronaravivPosted 12/2/2012 3:35:25 AM
i dont know how to download them from my psp 3000. this kind of stuff is still new to me. i much more used to the ps1 version of this game. Also the only thing i want is to have all items from the beginning of chapter two. i can try to give you the save that my friend put on here for me i'm just not sure how to upload it on to a website. One last thing is i can only download through winRar.
#9ThamauturgePosted 12/2/2012 8:12:39 AM
i dont know how to download them from my psp 3000. this kind of stuff is still new to me. i much more used to the ps1 version of this game. Also the only thing i want is to have all items from the beginning of chapter two. i can try to give you the save that my friend put on here for me i'm just not sure how to upload it on to a website. One last thing is i can only download through winRar.

I'd not worry about doing it if you aren't familiar with it. I'd be more than happy to do it.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Majora's Mask (again), FFVIII, Vagrant Story (again)
#10ronaravivPosted 12/2/2012 1:59:32 PM
Ok sweet. Thanks. if you make this save is there anyway for me to use it with out the cheater or firmware. i refuse to get it.