I think I just messed my game up....

#17vaan7Posted 12/6/2012 9:38:53 PM
I'm playing the version bought from the PSN, the original game, but seeing as that board is dead and I needa know now kinda...

Just got to Goug, Mustadio said something along the lines of I'll see you later, and I defaulted to the world map.

I thought I was free to go so I put my 3 best guys on a proposition at the bar (forget what those are called), and they're gone for 8 days, I save, and then attempt to move away from Goug to cause time to pass and finisht he quest.

Not so fast

I immediately get the story battle from Goug right then, and am put in a battle, which I obviously lose because my characters are gone.

I restart, try to cancel the quest thing and the bar guy says they'll be back in one day. I can't move away from Goug.

WTF do I do, am I screwed? I can't possibly beat that story mission without those three, unless there is an alternative way to pass a day other than world map moving.
---
Meat Cleavin'.
BAN STEALTH ROCK FROM SMOGON RULES.
#2tiornysPosted 12/6/2012 10:23:13 PM(edited)
If you have or can raise a decent amount of cash, you have outs, especially if you have some decent spare clothing in your inventory. You can hire 4 soldiers from the hiring office. Teach them all Potion and, if possible, Phoenix Down. Make them Chemists and outfit them with Romanda Guns and the best clothing you have on hand.

4 Chemists with guns, healing, and revival ability, plus Ramza, should be able to take down the battle with a bit of luck (it may take a few tries). Sometimes the Summoners are deadly, but I've occasionally played this battle where neither Summoner had any offensive magic, and I've frequently had battles where the only one with an attack spell also had Faith less than 50.

If you have more money to spend on improving your odds, you could invest in Rubber Boots (to nullify Ramuh, the most dangerous potential summon given the rain) or Wizard Mantles (to give evasion against the Thieves and Archers).

If you have cash for soldiers but don't have enough money for guns, you still might be able to win. It's worth a try or two at the least.

If you can't manage the battle with your current resources, and this is your only save, then you might in fact be screwed. FF Tactics is a great game, but it does have a habit of trapping you at difficult battles with no way to grind or gather resources. Make sure you always keep at least two saves, and make sure at least one save is in a place where you have freedom.

t~

edit: it's also entirely possible for Ramza to solo this battle. There are numerous setups that might let him do it. Yell/Tailwind and Auto-Potion, for example, would allow you to survive while you run around building your speed to the point where you get more turns than the entire enemy team, at which point you can just go pick them off with impunity.
#37vaan7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:00:47 PM
I somehow managed by using the chocobos as meat shields and spamming cure, while using Ramza and the only good generic that wasn't on the mission keeping him from staying KO'd. As enemies became crystals I consumed them, the generic that stayed behind was my best, ninja, and could eal a good amount of damage.

No idea how I did that haha, I guess all those years of FFTA and FFTA2 paid off. I was so scared I'd have to restart.

Struggle. Definitely keeping 2 saves from now on...

I'm loving this game though, glad I can finally play it. FFTA2 and FFTA2 (say whatever you want about them) were two of my favorite games of all time, and this more than satisfies my craving for more.
---
Meat Cleavin'.
BAN STEALTH ROCK FROM SMOGON RULES.
#4AdasheePosted 12/9/2012 4:21:04 PM
7vaan7 posted...

Be glad you are learning this now.... : )
#5YonKitoTaoshibePosted 12/10/2012 8:00:00 AM
Adashee posted...
7vaan7 posted...

Be glad you are learning this now.... : )

Indeed. Much better than learning it near the end of Chapter 3 ....
---
He summoned the crowd ... and said to them, "Whoever wishes to come after me must first deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me" Mark 8:34
#6Arvis_JaggamarPosted 12/10/2012 9:24:31 AM
Or at endgame.

Had a friend who had a 100 hour game, all level 99 characters, rare items... and one save file, which he continued saving over in the final dungeon...

-Arvis
---
PSN ID: Arvis_Jaggamar