Religion in fft

#11EfratePosted 12/23/2012 6:30:40 PM
She talks about making the church in ff12, she is in the Snow Mountain area (whose name I forget) IIRC. Story and lore for the whole Ivalice alliance isn't my strongest point. Alma is the fanatic about that. Also, the ancestor of Ramza's who fought the Lucavi has a role as well, its alluded to somewhere. Ajora most definitely had a hand in making the church, yeah the foundation was a ton of lies and stuff but s/he had a significant impact.

Alma! Give us one of your 8 paragraph story synopsis thingies. I think we did this before but I cannot seem to find it.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#12terran3999999Posted 12/23/2012 6:56:47 PM
Did it?

All I remember is that it alludes to that Ajora was going to be born a few decades after the end of XII and RW. A personal theory of mine is that Vaan and co might have played a major part or was even part of the True Zodiac Braves though that means a bad ending for them.

The line regarding Ramza's ancestor was actually said by Ajora/Ultima in this game. Right after any character(oddly enough) has dealt the final blow to her she says:(paraphrasing) "You! You have the same blood as the previous one that defeated me before!!"
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#13pvrhyePosted 12/25/2012 7:40:32 AM
I get the impression that there are existing being of godlike power (the espers) and that the Church of Glabados is just constructed around that in a way similar to how the Roman Catholics absorbed the pagan gods when they made up modern Christianity.
#14jagger_wandererPosted 12/26/2012 7:03:49 PM
It's rather ironic when people associate church with christianity. A church is just usually a holy temple to worship one's faith. Though it's easier to connect the two since christianity is wide spread and popular around the world. From a scifi point of view I say the demons are extra-dimensional beings And all things consider Angels are just alien visitors, jetpacks and parachutes for wings?
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#15jagger_wandererPosted 12/26/2012 7:04:16 PM
It's rather ironic when people associate church with christianity. A church is just usually a holy temple to worship one's faith. Though it's easier to connect the two since christianity is wide spread and popular around the world. From a scifi point of view I say the demons are extra-dimensional beings And all things consider Angels are just alien visitors, jetpacks and parachutes for wings?
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#16pillerofautumnPosted 12/30/2012 6:11:17 PM
The game parallels Christianity, with some slight differences. When Ramza is reading the Scriptures of Germonique, he mentions the stories told to him about Saint Ajora. The similarities between Ajora and Germonique mirrors Jesus and Judas. Ramza mentions that Ajora was born from the gods, like Jesus, to be the savior of humanity. Germonique takes money and betrays Ajora to the empire(can't remember the name), who follows a different religion and feels Ajora's influence is growing too strong, so they execute him. Sound familiar?

The game does portray Christianity in a negative light, or rather religion as a whole, considering the Scriptures basically say that Ajora was just a normal person who founded a religion for selfish means. If you're a believer of Christianity, the implication speaks for itself.