What can you do with fftpatcher/lioneditor?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  3. What can you do with fftpatcher/lioneditor?

User Info: theleadingman08

theleadingman08
3 years ago#1
While I get the idea behind these programs, I can't seem to find a clear, detailed list of what you can or can't do with them.

Could someone please either explain it to me, or (if it will be a tl:dr deal) tell me where I can find an explanation.
"Truth? Meaning? Words like those... they ain't got a thing to do with me or my life." -Jack Rakan

User Info: coldsushi

coldsushi
3 years ago#2
Lion Editor is a save editor, whereas FFTPatcher is a game editor. Both serve completely different purposes.

Lion Editor can change values within a player's FFT game save. Such values includes inventory, stats, money, etc.
Popular uses for Lion Editor include:
-obtaining multi-player items for those that don't want to or can't play multi-player
-adding in characters with special jobs that are normally unobtainable in a normal play

FFTPatcher (and its companion programs) can change values of the game mechanics. This means a person could change what effect a Potion does, how much HP a monster has, what skills a job has, what does skills do, etc
Popular uses for FFTPatcher include:
-altering game mechanics to change the overall difficulty of the game

Search for the Final Fantasy Hacktics website to learn more. It's a community dedicated to hacking FFT (and WotL) and it also has a lot more tools and resources than the two programs you mentioned.

User Info: theleadingman08

theleadingman08
3 years ago#3
Thanks.
"Truth? Meaning? Words like those... they ain't got a thing to do with me or my life." -Jack Rakan
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  3. What can you do with fftpatcher/lioneditor?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived