What can you do with fftpatcher/lioneditor?

#1theleadingman08Posted 12/29/2012 6:45:16 PM
While I get the idea behind these programs, I can't seem to find a clear, detailed list of what you can or can't do with them.

Could someone please either explain it to me, or (if it will be a tl:dr deal) tell me where I can find an explanation.
---
"Truth? Meaning? Words like those... they ain't got a thing to do with me or my life." -Jack Rakan
#2coldsushiPosted 12/29/2012 8:45:32 PM(edited)
Lion Editor is a save editor, whereas FFTPatcher is a game editor. Both serve completely different purposes.

Lion Editor can change values within a player's FFT game save. Such values includes inventory, stats, money, etc.
Popular uses for Lion Editor include:
-obtaining multi-player items for those that don't want to or can't play multi-player
-adding in characters with special jobs that are normally unobtainable in a normal play

FFTPatcher (and its companion programs) can change values of the game mechanics. This means a person could change what effect a Potion does, how much HP a monster has, what skills a job has, what does skills do, etc
Popular uses for FFTPatcher include:
-altering game mechanics to change the overall difficulty of the game

Search for the Final Fantasy Hacktics website to learn more. It's a community dedicated to hacking FFT (and WotL) and it also has a lot more tools and resources than the two programs you mentioned.
#3theleadingman08(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 9:07:49 PM
Thanks.
---
"Truth? Meaning? Words like those... they ain't got a thing to do with me or my life." -Jack Rakan