Amusing story about Chapter 1's final battle. [SPOILERS]

#1Moeman_Posted 1/19/2013 10:31:58 PM
So I was sort of having trouble with Argath and his minions. Not too much, thanks to Auto-Potion and our new equipment upgrades, but his own Auto-Potion was making the battle rough.

My Black Mage had been casting Blizzard whilst equipped with an Ice Staff; Ramza was slashing him with a Mythril Sword; Delita had long since KO'd; and my Knights and White Mage were doing what they could.

Suddenly, one of the enemy Mages' spells went off, a Fira spell. It was set to kill Ramza and my White Mage, and also severely harm my male Knight. I braced for the worst, and...

It hit the smug blond bastard before it could ever touch the other three.

Argath Thadalfus was felled from a miscalculation by his own men, in the end.

How fitting.
---
She lives. You just can't keep a good Moon Princess down.
#2Bishop_SasaraiPosted 1/19/2013 10:49:25 PM
Hahaha, that's great!
---
Anticipating the following: Ni No Kuni (PS3), MGR: Revengeance (PS3), Tales of Xillia (PS3), MGS: GZ (PS3)
#3terran3999999Posted 1/20/2013 12:41:49 PM
XD

Friendly fire anyone?
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#4Greeny83Posted 1/20/2013 7:09:58 PM
I've played both the PS1 and PSP versions several times each, and from my experience, that seems to be a common occurrence in that fight. Idk if it's just me, but it happens probably half the time.
#5SyfaPosted 1/22/2013 6:32:00 PM
Enemy mages are psychopaths. Ever ran across one of the suicidal time mages who cast meteor on themselves and teleport into the party?
---
Farewell Monster Hunter. The black wind howls again...
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
#6krunchyfroggPosted 1/25/2013 1:18:33 AM
Syfa posted...
Enemy mages are psychopaths. Ever ran across one of the suicidal time mages who cast meteor on themselves and teleport into the party?

Nope.

BTW: by choosing to save Argath in battle #2, you get a Brave bonus in the final fight of chapter 1, and Argaths Brave drops into the 30's. his auto potion is then crippled.
---
#7chessjerkPosted 1/25/2013 12:55:17 PM
Actually Argath's bravery starts in the 30's. It increases by 10 on his second turn if you don't choose to save him at Mandalia. If you choose to save him, Ramza and Delita get the bonus instead.
---
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9966/imag0270n.jpg
The curse of Aqua has been broken!...I hope...
#8krunchyfroggPosted 1/25/2013 2:07:47 PM
chessjerk posted...
Actually Argath's bravery starts in the 30's. It increases by 10 on his second turn if you don't choose to save him at Mandalia. If you choose to save him, Ramza and Delita get the bonus instead.

Really? I was pretty sure I was correct.

Oh well, I'll just have to test it. :)

(Chapter 1 is my favorite)
---