How do you get through Brave Story?

#1RenamonFOXPosted 1/30/2013 10:58:59 AM
I've been using brave suit + safeguard, but it basically feels like cheating.

Dancers seem doable, but it also feels like it'd be boring as heck, considering how long it takes for the game to animate the dancer's attacks.

Lancers also seem like a possibility, considering their ability to kill everything in one shot from a safe distance, or to use their jump ability to escape a lightning stab.
---
Nobody has a larger "Ignored Users" list than I do.
#2micgirk1Posted 1/30/2013 7:01:02 PM
Ummm i have at least 5 possible teams of 2 that can do it...

Not sure exactly what your question is, seeing as you're talking about brave suit being cheating, lancer, etc.

You mean best generic set up without brave suit and game breaking items lol?
---
SKI MASK (check) SAWN-OFF (check) GUILTY CONSCIENCE, FEAR OF DEATH (check, check, check)
#3RenamonFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:05:00 PM
I've beaten it. I want to know how other people beat it. Levelup/Leveldown and any item with reraise seems to make it impossible to lose, so I wanted to know how everyone else was beating the harder missions, if they weren't doing the same thing.
---
Nobody has a larger "Ignored Users" list than I do.
#4EfratePosted 1/31/2013 10:07:11 AM
2 good compatability or a male/female best with punch arts. Give each person death sentence, and a way to prevent dead, watch CT so your turns work out. Keep Death Sentenced and kill them all as they stand there looking. Some form of ranged attack works well. One of many. I Ramzamanced through them but my Ramza has a quite a few cycles up and down so I wouldn't rely on that otherwise.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#5NepharenPosted 2/5/2013 4:21:53 PM
Through the story battles, I tend to solo Ramza unless there is added dialogue for one of my npcs for that particular battle. Random battles are for anyone I want to play/train.

As far as setup for Ramza, base class squire, secondary skill summoner, dark knight, or samurai depending on which performs best for a specific scenario. Sword skills for most story battles. Reflex skill abandon, support skill depends on my secondary skill usually vehemence or an attack/m. attack boost.

Equipment wise, aegis shield and feather mantle. The rest are selected for stat boosts or status effect immunities depending on the scenario.
#6EfratePosted 2/5/2013 7:09:50 PM
@Nepharen

I assume they meant the brave story multiplayer mission, 10 battles versus pretty much everyone with semi-intelligent set ups.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#7AlmasNo1FanPosted 2/6/2013 6:00:42 AM
did you get 5 stars renamon?
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik
#8NepharenPosted 2/6/2013 2:16:05 PM
Efrate posted...
@Nepharen

I assume they meant the brave story multiplayer mission, 10 battles versus pretty much everyone with semi-intelligent set ups.

I see, never had a chance to play that aspect of the game. Would have been nice if they were included for solo play as well.