Do Mystics need A high Faith?

#1krunchyfroggPosted 1/30/2013 2:08:04 PM
Or, is their magic completely MA based?
---
#2krunchyfrogg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:58:52 PM
Same question, but for White Mages.

Basically, I need to know if gender makes a difference with either of these casters, and/or if Faith makes a difference.
---
#3Storm_WHMPosted 1/30/2013 4:51:16 PM(edited)
White Magic, Black Magic, Mystic Arts, Time Magic, Summon, and Arithmeticks are all effected by faith. So having a decent faith score will help, but it also depends on your enemies faith as well. They also rely on a decent MA score, so you have to find a nice balance between the two.
---
Life is hard, deal with it. Life was never meant to be easy.
#4RenamonFOXPosted 1/30/2013 8:09:24 PM
Faith helps spell efficacy.

A high FA score on your mystic improves the chances that blind/petrify etc. will work, and will increase the amount of HP healed both given and received, but will also increase the damage taken from enemy spells, and increase enemy's chance to petrify/blind you.

High Magic Attack will improve the accuracy of status effect spells (and healing amount), but will not increase the accuracy of enemy status effect spells and healing amount received.
---
Nobody has a larger "Ignored Users" list than I do.
#5krunchyfrogg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:13:23 AM
Thanks a lot guys!
---
#6EfratePosted 1/31/2013 9:40:20 AM
faith > MA for mystics if you are using your spells a lot, it matters much more than MA.
---
That was the greatest post I have ever read on these boards, Effy. I laughed, I cried, I ate a whole gallon of ice cream.
KrossRoads
#7ripstrawberryPosted 2/2/2013 4:30:05 AM
A high FA score on your mystic improves the chances that blind/petrify etc. will work, and will increase the amount of HP healed both given and received, but will also increase the damage taken from enemy spells, and increase enemy's chance to petrify/blind you.

A high FA score on your mystic does not increase the amount of hp drained by invigoration. It is always 1/4 the max hp of the target. FA increases the chances it will work. MA also helps but to a lesser degree. A general rule you could think of is that MA is more important for variable damage spells while FA is more important for status-inducing/fixed dmg type spells. So, it's not such a bad idea to give time magicks or mystic arts to males as a secondary action ability. I personally like giving mystic arts to Mustadio to turn him into a poor man's balthier/beowulf hybrid with high speed.
---
PUA: *whisper's in Rip's ear* Neg her. RIP: nag her?! PUA: *facepalm* XD
#8RaijiniliPosted 2/2/2013 10:19:52 AM
I think only Golem isn't affected by Faith.
#9Storm_WHMPosted 2/2/2013 12:07:04 PM
Ripstrawberry, I think the healing he was taking about was White Magic. I don't think he meant the mystic's invigoration, as the OP asked about white magic as well.
---
Life is hard, deal with it. Life was never meant to be easy.
#10ripstrawberryPosted 2/6/2013 5:25:37 AM
I think only Golem isn't affected by Faith.

It's affected by faith. All white, summon, black, time and mystic magic is affected by faith.
---
PUA: *whisper's in Rip's ear* Neg her. RIP: nag her?! PUA: *facepalm* XD