Do Mystics need A high Faith?

#11krunchyfrogg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:05:14 AM
I was planning out a mystic/samurai, and I couldn't remember if a high Faith helped a Mystics abilities or not. I know a Samurai relies only upon his MA stat for his Draw Outs.

BTW, sorry for mixing the games together. I've played on the PS, the PSP, and now the iPhone. I tend to pick the names I like better. :p
---
---
Lay down your arms, or die clutching them. None will mourn your passing.
#12SyfaPosted 2/9/2013 3:50:28 PM
Faith mainly affects spell ability to hit (at least on status magic), it also effects damage (in cases where spells don't have static damage). Ma affects hit chance to a much lesser extent than faith, but damage to a much greater effect.
---
Farewell Monster Hunter. The black wind howls again...
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
#13hauntbotPosted 2/14/2013 3:05:13 PM
krunchyfrogg posted...
I was planning out a mystic/samurai, and I couldn't remember if a high Faith helped a Mystics abilities or not. I know a Samurai relies only upon his MA stat for his Draw Outs.

BTW, sorry for mixing the games together. I've played on the PS, the PSP, and now the iPhone. I tend to pick the names I like better. :p
---

draw out synergizes much better with any other caster imo. sticks also have their damage influenced by ma, which is awesome.
---
if it doesnt feel like dragging rusty needles across your gums, it isnt worth playing. ~truballergamerjammer2013
#14krunchyfrogg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:38:25 AM
hauntbot posted...
krunchyfrogg posted...

---

draw out synergizes much better with any other caster imo. sticks also have their damage influenced by ma, which is awesome.

I was going with the combo because of the way poles work off of MA. I abandoned the idea, and have not revisited it (yet). Basically, I find mystics/oracles pretty boring. And when I want to combine the samurai with a caster I really do like (black Mage and summoner), I find they're both better at their actual spells than their draw outs. Maybe I'll try it with a time Mage.
---
Lay down your arms, or die clutching them! None will mourn your passing.
#15ripstrawberryPosted 2/27/2013 5:28:09 AM
I was going with the combo because of the way poles work off of MA. I abandoned the idea, and have not revisited it (yet). Basically, I find mystics/oracles pretty boring. And when I want to combine the samurai with a caster I really do like (black Mage and summoner), I find they're both better at their actual spells than their draw outs. Maybe I'll try it with a time Mage.

Good idea. Using skills is way better than basic attacks anyways. Personally, I like mystics because they're like a jack of all trades. They can buff (faith is useful for faith-based casters and undead is like a reraise of sorts), heal themselves while damaging a target, replenish their mp and induce status effects (including the 1-hit KO induration). No other base class can do that. I find that they make great sub-action skillsets for black mages, white mages, time mages, summoners and mustadio (he's really crappy). You could argue that the black mage/summoner spells are better than iaido (the offensive summons except for lich and probably cyclops are crap though) but iaido gives you buffs, a way to heal (useful for the black mage) and better range with kiku. Here's a mystic setup that does well:

Female 97 Br 84 Fa

black magicks
mystic arts
shirahadori
swiftness
teleport

wizard rod
---
thief hat
black robe
tynar rouge

Use the -aja spells when enemies are bunched up in groups. Check for elemental weaknesses. Induration for single targets. Start the battle by buffing up with belief. You can also use zombie afterwards if the enemy is still far away. Level up as a mime with some ninja levels at the end to reach 12 sp. You can replace teleport w/ manafont if you find that you're running out of mp too often. Use empowerment to replenish mp and invigoration for hp. The unit's pretty sturdy though due to the auto-protect and shell.
---
PUA: *whisper's in Rip's ear* Neg her. RIP: nag her?! PUA: *facepalm* XD