Arithmetician is laborious

#1GeekyDadPosted 2/2/2013 3:05:32 PM
Third playthrough, and this is my first time building an arithmetician. I went for a dark knight my first playthrough, and tinkered with other stuff on my second. I wanted to see how it played, as it sounded like a fun, OP job. But it really is more fuss than it's worth to play, so far as I can tell. I always seem to be going back and forth until I can find the right combo to target the unit(s) I want to target. A bit disappointing, I must say.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#2FallaciaPosted 2/3/2013 12:02:09 AM(edited)
For the most part, a CT5 Holy is the go-to instant win button once you get Holy-absorbing equipment like Chameleon Robes.

The typical method is:

1. Unlock Arithmetician for character with decent faith and MA
2. Learn wanted abilities
2.1 If you have yet to do so, learn Holy from White Mage now
3. Change to mage class with chameleon robes and arithmeticks secondary.
4. CT 5 Holy everything

You probably already knew as much, but you get better returns by giving Arithmeticks to a mage class than you do by staying in the Arithmetician class since it has lower MA. It's completely broken and fun for a while, but like any amateur youtube video with a screaming chorus of "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR," it doesn't take long before it feels boring and lame.
---
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr
#3GeekyDad(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:43:06 AM
Fallacia posted...
...like any amateur youtube video with a screaming chorus of "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR," it doesn't take long before it feels boring and lame.

LOL

Yeah, I've been learning all of the various abilities and am now switched back to a black mage. Didn't really occur to me to cheese like that with the chameleon robe, but yeah, that does sound pretty OP.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#4terran3999999Posted 2/3/2013 12:35:36 PM
Looked like you were using it wrong....

But yes, CT 5 Holy is basically a very cheap instawin button.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#5RaijiniliPosted 2/5/2013 10:33:08 AM
Put the unit on auto-battle.