Wasn't this supposed to be an improvement on Tactics Ogre?

#61terran3999999Posted 4/23/2013 8:22:35 AM
TO isn't.
Oh man, you weren't there when someone was crazy enough to do an all Cleric challenge.

He did bend a few rules, the all Cleric was only applied to storyline battles. By the end of the game his Clerics was a whopping ~level 40. Lol.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#62Umbra_ChaiPosted 4/23/2013 10:36:12 AM
Storm_WHM posted...

(How much of a hassle does a option have to hold, to start becoming a limitation?)

Wiccan.
---
If I reference a man named Furby, I'm talking about myself.
#63RaijiniliPosted 4/23/2013 7:22:31 PM
You also have to wait until certain chapters to unlock class marks in TO.

What is the context of my statement? What am I trying to show? Does your statement invalidate what I said as a response to what someone else says?

(How much of a hassle does a option have to hold, to start becoming a limitation?)

That's like asking how red an apple has to be to start being a banana. It's not about "how much", but "whether or not".

And I didn't say it wasn't a limitation, I said it wasn't a limitation of a particular type.

80% of my responses to you are about how 70% of what I say doesn't mean what you think it means. At some point, I have to blame you for that.
#64Storm_WHMPosted 4/23/2013 11:42:40 PM(edited)
What is the context of my statement? What am I trying to show? Does your statement invalidate what I said as a response to what someone else says?

Was your statement based off of Metastase statements, which was based off of Rumbalumba's statements? Or are you trying to make some kind of point that is irrelevant to what they were talking about?

Rumbalumba said that in FFT it takes to much time to unlock classes by grinding, but in TO you can make a new unit and transform him into another class. He is aware that even though you can do this, it is still won't have any abilities unlocked.

Metastase said that there is an alternative option in FFT, you can recruit a unit that is already in that class. You would still have to wait for a specific chapter in FFT and find a battle with the unit, which is similar to finding Marks in TO, because classes unlock in specific chapters.

That's like asking how red an apple has to be to start being a banana. It's not about "how much", but "whether or not".

Options are based on the restrictions that are present, which is a limitation in itself.

The question was a ruse, because the "hassle" itself is a "limitation". The question is really asking "how red does this apple have to be, to be considered a red apple". Your response only shows that you did not understand or perceive the question, so you ending up missing the point.

This would make sense that you do not understand Metastase fully, because he writes in a peculiar way. Some of your responses don't seem to match up to his own, which makes me believe that you are not used to that type of dialect.

And I didn't say it wasn't a limitation, I said it wasn't a limitation of a particular type.

Metastase was talking about "limiting experimentation" with the use of Class Marks in TO. He was talking about how it limits experimentation because you literally have to go out of your way to collect them to just change your class.

It's just an excessive waste of the players time to unlock the same thing over again. Sometimes you even have to use "world" to travel back in time to specific battles, to to collect those class marks, by grinding it as a random drop.

What does your response have to do with what he is talking about?

80% of my responses to you are about how 70% of what I say doesn't mean what you think it means. At some point, I have to blame you for that.

I'm responding based on that fact that your replies, were based on Metastase and Rumbalumba's statements. So if your not actually responding to their statements, then all you are doing is babbling.

Maybe you should take your own advice, and stop misinterpreting what other people say. Maybe then you wouldn't have so many useless debates, when all you seem to be doing is trying to change the subject into your own, so you can defend it easily.

Maybe it's intentional, maybe it's a coincidence, who know..
---
Life is hard, deal with it. Life was never meant to be easy.