beated the game yesterday for the first time (SPOILER)

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  3. beated the game yesterday for the first time (SPOILER)
2 years ago#11
Raijinili posted...
And you are basing the possible second-language mistake solely on his User Name? Kudos to you good sir.

No, that's just a snippy remark about another interpretation of the username.

The possibility of a second-language mistake is just from keeping a sliver of doubt for those who are not so fortunate to have grown up with such a terrible language. Or maybe I subconsciously noticed that it was used as a past-tense verb, and that "beat" is also a present-tense verb, so by general rule, it might seem to a non-native speaker that the past tense is "beated"; on the other hand, "beat" is a pretty common word in both tenses, so a native speaker probably would've encountered it enough not to make that mistake.

But no, I didn't take the name into account at all when considering the likelihood of him being a non-native speaker.

He's like the most helpful person on this board unless things have drastically changed.

Oh yeah, we forgot to answer OP's question:

Are there any story scenes in this dungeon or just fights?

There's a scene and battle at the End.

Edit: On the other hand, "his being" and "him being" are less common...

thx!
And yes english isnt my first language
1 greek
2 german
3 english
2 years ago#12
Raijinili posted...
And you are basing the possible second-language mistake solely on his User Name? Kudos to you good sir.

Oh yeah, we forgot to answer OP's question:

Are there any story scenes in this dungeon or just fights?

There's a scene and battle at the End.

THX
and yes english isnt my first language
1 Greek
2 German
3 English
2 years ago#13

---
Trainspotting
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  3. beated the game yesterday for the first time (SPOILER)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived