The Greatest Act of Self-Sacrifice

#1zack_zieg518Posted 3/23/2013 2:38:49 AM
Battling randomly at Mandalia just now, I bore witness to the single greatest act of self-sacrifice I have yet seen in this game's AI: my Dragoon, Hester, was using Aim with a polearm against an enemy Goblin to do enough damage to kill it. Aim would take enough time to fire off that an enemy Chocobo would get a turn, which I factored in; I figured the chocobo would waddle up next to the goblin, use Choco Cure, and I would proceed to kill the goblin anyway. To my surprise, however, the chocobo chose to impose itself between my dragoon and the goblin, and in so doing save its ally from death while dying itself.

I believe this is the first time I have seen an enemy unit intentionally face death in order to save another enemy unit. It was... quite beautiful, actually. We could all take a page from your book, Acis the Chocobo.
---
"To die without leaving a corpse... That is the way of us Garo."
#2AlmasNo1FanPosted 3/23/2013 3:21:05 AM
Lol, I love this.
---
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/yeahthatboy/gamefaqsqueens.png
By: ilikeikeilikeik
#3RaijiniliPosted 3/23/2013 6:59:27 PM
This is why you should always have Tame on a unit, so you can revive and recruit such brave monsters..
#4Materia-KeeperPosted 3/24/2013 4:32:07 PM
Acis the Chocobo

Hero amongst monsters. Reknowned for chivalry, concern, humility and an overall self-sacrificing attitude. Would give it's last tail feather for a gil, to feed a starving Goblin.

To be forever remembered, for it's sacrifice here on the Mandalia Plains. Where although it's sacrifice was in vain, the battle was lost, the action will forever echo in the hearts of monsters everywhere.
---
TC, I think you're pregnant. You missed too many periods. - Prealienking
#5Vir27Posted 3/27/2013 4:45:00 PM(edited)
I used to do this by accident plenty of times. I didn't realize it was my units' inner heroism coming out, and not my inattention to detail. Thanks to the logic of this topic, I was now smarter than I had been.
#6toaster_artPosted 3/27/2013 6:48:53 PM
Well, I enjoyed reading that...
---
|\_\\_\
\|_T_|\._,.-(]=