A Tactics game that isn't set in Ivalice.

#1zodiac_swordPosted 4/15/2013 11:35:08 AM
What do you think? - Results (64 votes)
Cool(Yes)
35.94% (23 votes)
OMG blasphemy(No)
20.31% (13 votes)
Whatever(Maybe)
43.75% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Doesn't sound bad to me.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#2Equinox_OscurasPosted 4/15/2013 12:50:59 PM
I wouldn't mind playing Tactics in a new setting. Maybe we can throw a few new jobs in there while we're at it, Square-Enix.
---
Playing: Gods Eater Burst & Persona 3 Portable
"You Will See...Momentary Mastery!"
#3terran3999999Posted 4/15/2013 8:36:15 PM
To be technical, before SE felt the need to shove this "Ivalice Alliance" down our throat FFTA took place in a different setting.

Ivalice in that game was just some random dumb town, not a country and the center of the story.

When the horrible FFTA 3 comes out I'm expecting it to stay in Ivalice and for SE to feel the stupid need to "canon"ize the dumb cameos.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#4Equinox_OscurasPosted 4/15/2013 10:32:02 PM
terran3999999 posted...
To be technical, before SE felt the need to shove this "Ivalice Alliance" down our throat FFTA took place in a different setting.

Ivalice in that game was just some random dumb town, not a country and the center of the story.

When the horrible FFTA 3 comes out I'm expecting it to stay in Ivalice and for SE to feel the stupid need to "canon"ize the dumb cameos.

I could have tolerated the "Alliance" concept if they hadn't brought XII into it. I can do nothing but sigh when I think about that game.
---
Playing: Gods Eater Burst & Persona 3 Portable
"You Will See...Momentary Mastery!"
#5TaticalWarriorPosted 4/16/2013 9:36:54 PM
This idea never crossed my mind o_O
---
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
http://tinyurl.com/3r6wb4u
#6Disturbed0nePosted 4/16/2013 10:02:10 PM
Equinox_Oscuras posted...
terran3999999 posted...

I could have tolerated the "Alliance" concept if they hadn't brought XII into it. I can do nothing but sigh when I think about that game.

Am I the only person on Earth that actually loved XII?!? o_O

Also, I would love to see a tactics game set in another location.

FFT & WotL are my favorite game of all time, so I can never get enough!
---
My Backloggery
http://backloggery.com/disturbed0ne
#7terran3999999Posted 4/16/2013 11:04:04 PM
The implement and execution of the Gambit System and the ADB System I liked.

The horrible characters and the forgettable story that tried too hard to copy FFT I hated.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#8TaticalWarriorPosted 4/17/2013 11:08:07 AM
Disturbed0ne posted...
Equinox_Oscuras posted...
terran3999999 posted...

Am I the only person on Earth that actually loved XII?!? o_O

Also, I would love to see a tactics game set in another location.

FFT & WotL are my favorite game of all time, so I can never get enough!

Of course not, I loved it too, best FF,.including story, faceplate and music
---
#9TaticalWarriorPosted 4/17/2013 11:09:08 AM
Gameplay
---
#10MattheauPosted 4/18/2013 5:17:42 AM
terran3999999 posted...

It still does. Final Fantasy XII and Tactics also take place in different settings. The only games that take place in the same settings as each other are the ones that are literal plot sequels.

The idea of the Ivalice Alliance is that they are a group of games that aren't straight JRPGs, not that they take place in the exact same setting.