A Tactics game that isn't set in Ivalice.

#11bybyrPosted 4/19/2013 4:50:13 PM
SE cannot make any good tactics game other than TO and FFT. FFTA and FFTA2 are crappy and kiddy.
#12pvrhyePosted 4/20/2013 8:27:02 AM
bybyr posted...
SE cannot make any good tactics game other than TO and FFT. FFTA and FFTA2 are crappy and kiddy.

A2 wasn't a great story, but story is only about 10% of why I play a game like this. The mechanics were much more balanced and strategic than FFT. I liked how things like knockback were more reliable and thus the environment was more exploitable. I also appreciated how there wasn't much permanently missable, which always feels like a ploy to sell strategy guides to me.
#13styrrrPosted 4/20/2013 9:48:53 PM
If you really think FFTA2 > FFT in terms of strategic gameplay and balance... well, you're in the minority. FFTA2 is what I give to my 9 yr old nephew to play since FFT would likely go over his head and is too complex for them to grasp every nuance. That's my opinion, anyway.

I personally found FFTA2 to be a simplified and 'casual' version of FFT, and very dull after a while. Having to create your own items was a horrible decision, and in the end you were forced to use the auction house to get the good items for the most part. If you actually wanted to get good items on your own, without the auction house... well, you better have a strategy guide around since that rare item you need is probably hidden behind a chain of quests you need to do.

Also, what's with having to do quests to unlock jobs? Or not being able to recruit certain races until you progressed past a certain point? Awful, just awful game design. Classes like Parivir, Heritor, and anyone with an Ultima skill - and Seeq with Mirror Items+Item Lore+X Potion - were no less OP than Orlandeau, Beowulf, Agrias or Meliadoul from FFT.

Needless to say, FFTA2 and its plot is just too saccharine for me. It is like the Disney version of FFT, where Ivalice is a wondrous place and death never happens as long as you abide by the law and stay away from those nasty Jagd places... talk about anvilicious.

But that's your opinion, so whatever floats your boat. I hope you know them be fightin' words 'round here though, and we don't take kindly to strangers like you.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372 8526 8441
#14bybyrPosted 4/20/2013 10:23:05 PM
btw I corrected my last post. I forget Square also made front mission series. so far I only played 3rd one and it's quite good, though FFT and TO are far more superior, IMO.
#15CGoblinsPosted 4/21/2013 9:34:08 AM
I just want jobs and less skills that aren't ever used.

And no space sci-fi stuff.
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82 Nintendo Network ID: RayMartin
Playing: Monster Hunter U and League of Legends
#16lindaluvPosted 4/26/2013 12:25:31 PM
Disturbed0ne posted...
Equinox_Oscuras posted...
terran3999999 posted...
To be technical, before SE felt the need to shove this "Ivalice Alliance" down our throat FFTA took place in a different setting.

Ivalice in that game was just some random dumb town, not a country and the center of the story.

When the horrible FFTA 3 comes out I'm expecting it to stay in Ivalice and for SE to feel the stupid need to "canon"ize the dumb cameos.

I could have tolerated the "Alliance" concept if they hadn't brought XII into it. I can do nothing but sigh when I think about that game.

Am I the only person on Earth that actually loved XII?!? o_O

Also, I would love to see a tactics game set in another location.

FFT & WotL are my favorite game of all time, so I can never get enough!

NO, you are actually the majority who enjoyed FF12, its one of my favorites. DOnt forget that this is gfaqs, where the minority scream with the voice of a thousand beiber crazed fans just to push their opinion as fact. NOT until I came to gfaqs did I actually finds someone who didnt enjoy it.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
#17zodiac_sword(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 4:34:13 AM
bybyr posted...

A/A2 had far better design than the original.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#18zodiac_sword(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 4:36:29 AM
lindaluv posted...
NO, you are actually the majority who enjoyed FF12, its one of my favorites. DOnt forget that this is gfaqs, where the minority scream with the voice of a thousand beiber crazed fans just to push their opinion as fact. NOT until I came to gfaqs did I actually finds someone who didnt enjoy it.

The old vocal minority argument. Do people actually believe this crap?
---
#19lindaluvPosted 4/28/2013 1:19:07 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
lindaluv posted...

The old sarcastic attempt at downplaying a factual statement. Do you actually allow this crap to come outta yo mouth?

Altho I do agree that A/A2 had good design, better then FFT and TO, well that's purely subjective and dependent on everyone's personal tastes and flavors.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Ranger) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
#20zodiac_sword(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 1:32:06 PM(edited)
lindaluv posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
lindaluv posted...

The old sarcastic attempt at downplaying a factual statement. Do you actually allow this crap to come outta yo mouth?

Factual statement? Where is the data to backup said factual statement? There is none. All of the attempts at proving this nonsense have been easily squash.

Also, my statement was not sarcastic.
---